Back in the Market >

Back in the Market

Notices

Back in the Market

Old 07-04-2012, 07:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mcprodesign
What price you looking to spend and what do they want??
Chad
They are asking 79k so depending on what a valve/top end rebuild would cost will determine the how much for me. Obviously price is important, just dont want something that has not been maintained or "hopped up" to much. I would rather have the upgrades done myself after the purchase.
Again, thanks for the input guys!
Old 07-04-2012, 09:48 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Snirtman
They are asking 79k so depending on what a valve/top end rebuild would cost will determine the how much for me. Obviously price is important, just dont want something that has not been maintained or "hopped up" to much. I would rather have the upgrades done myself after the purchase.
That is a good price for a Pristine 2000 38. If it needs anything.. Get that deducted. Check the screws in the out drives.. Oil etc. It is a great boat. You should be able to use it for a season w no repairs at that price. Then you can build your motors over the winter.. Hope this helps..
Old 07-04-2012, 09:49 AM
Registered

Old 07-05-2012, 09:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mcprodesign
so your 38 side by side w teague 700's.. Does it go 90? Just curious if my deal does about the same , as I have about 675 a side.. Thanks for your input.Chad
It's seen 93 at sea level. 88 here in Idaho w/ not running the correct props to acheive enough rpm. When It's dialed, I beleive it will see the north side of 93 here.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:31 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 38 GoFast
It's seen 93 at sea level. 88 here in Idaho w/ not running the correct props to acheive enough rpm. When It's dialed, I beleive it will see the north side of 93 here.
nice
Old 07-05-2012, 03:28 PM
Registered

mcprodesign, since we've hyjacked this thread what are you running for outdrives, gear ratios, props and speed? After running it yesterday "lightly" it seems I will be hitting the rev limiters before my sticks are close to being buried and a set of 30's will be the starting point not the 28's I have now but we'll see.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Snirtman
You said HP500 and 2001, just wanted to make sure it doesn't have 500 EFI's in it. The EFI motors seem to get drug into the valve spring issue and from my experience they don't need them at 300 hours like the 500HP's do.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 38 GoFast
mcprodesign, since we've hyjacked this thread what are you running for outdrives, gear ratios, props and speed? After running it yesterday "lightly" it seems I will be hitting the rev limiters before my sticks are close to being buried and a set of 30's will be the starting point not the 28's I have now but we'll see.
32p is the number.. And I never tried 4 blades yet. 94.8 w 5 blade maximus. 93.4 w 6bl hering. I'm gonna try a set of 5 bl hering 32 next. I have -2 sportmasters on xr drives just below the surface