27 Fever questions compared to 29 Fever >

27 Fever questions compared to 29 Fever

Notices

27 Fever questions compared to 29 Fever

Old 07-09-2012, 06:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 27 Fever questions compared to 29 Fever

Yesterday for the first time I sat in a Fountain 27 Fever with a 500 EFI with 155 hours. Beautiful boat but it felt small. The distance from the front seats to the back seats was'nt alot. The cabin is totally useless. My head hits the ceiling when sitting on the benches. Anyway would a 29 Fever have more room or is it pretty much the same? Prices seem to jump up for that extra 2 feet. Is it worth it? Are there any other differences between them?

Thanks
Old 07-09-2012, 07:34 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

29' is faster. More room in cockpit. Sink and cooler down below. Still, not a lot of room. IMO you don't get a lot of room down below until you move up to a 38'. Room wise a Fountain is about 3 feet smaller than their overall length (anchor locker and swim step with ladder is nice tho). Don't get me wrong, I think the world of my 29' it just isn't a big boat.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:28 PM
Registered

Just as Wes said there is about 6" more head room in cabin and guessing probably a Foot more room in cockpit between bolster and bench seat. One with a 525 will do 77 to 80 MPH and handle great!
Old 07-09-2012, 10:04 PM
Registered

Single engine 29 has one of the largest cockpits (considering both length and width). A 32 and a 27 have the same length/width cockpit ... a little Fountain trivia ... the "pre 2002 windshield" 29 and 32 are the same length from the front of the windshield to the back of the engine hatch - they both used the exact same older "silver" cockpit covers, they were interchangable. They took the 1' back out of the 29's cockpit and put it in the engine compartment on the 32 and the rest of the length went into the cabin length, so you end up with the same cockpit length as the 27. When Fountain started with the single engine 29's, they called them "extended cockpit". You gain one foot cockpit length over the 27 or 32. 38 Fever (not the Lightning) had the biggest cockpit - longest and full width, because it didn't have the walk around. New 35 with staggered engines have even shorter cockpit than previous 35/38 Lightning. 29 has more freeboard than the 27, but not as much as the 35 Lightning (not to be confused with the 35 executioner). 29 cabin has a little more headroom than 27, but not night and day difference. Cockpit difference is night and day, though, even if it is only 1'. 27 and 29 ride difference is noticable, but, again, not night and day ... go from a 27 or 29 to a 35 Lightning and the ride is incredibly different . Newer deck style 27 or 29 (~ 2000 and newer for 27, 2002 and newer for 29) has built in anchor locker, still need to climb over the windshield, though, and a built in boarding ladder on back (wife and kids declare that a "must have" item), which is really nice, just need to watch if running a labbed prop, so you don't cut yourself if you slip, since it sits directly over the prop/outdrive. I had 2 27s' and 4 29s and 1 35 twin step Lightning. The 29 is my favorite smaller lake/river performance trailer boat.

Last edited by bob_t; 07-09-2012 at 10:26 PM.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

This is good info Bob. I'm going to save a link to this one.

Originally Posted by bob_t
Single engine 29 has one of the largest cockpits (considering both length and width). A 32 and a 27 have the same length/width cockpit ... a little Fountain trivia ... the "pre 2002 windshield" 29 and 32 are the same length from the front of the windshield to the back of the engine hatch - they both used the exact same older "silver" cockpit covers, they were interchangable. They took the 1' back out of the 29's cockpit and put it in the engine compartment on the 32 and the rest of the length went into the cabin length, so you end up with the same cockpit length as the 27. When Fountain started with the single engine 29's, they called them "extended cockpit". You gain one foot cockpit length over the 27 or 32. 38 Fever (not the Lightning) had the biggest cockpit - longest and full width, because it didn't have the walk around. New 35 with staggered engines have even shorter cockpit than previous 35/38 Lightning. 29 has more freeboard than the 27, but not as much as the 35 Lightning (not to be confused with the 35 executioner). 29 cabin has a little more headroom than 27, but not night and day difference. Cockpit difference is night and day, though, even if it is only 1'. 27 and 29 ride difference is noticable, but, again, not night and day ... go from a 27 or 29 to a 35 Lightning and the ride is incredibly different . Newer deck style 27 or 29 (~ 2000 and newer for 27, 2002 and newer for 29) has built in anchor locker, still need to climb over the windshield, though, and a built in boarding ladder on back (wife and kids declare that a "must have" item), which is really nice, just need to watch if running a labbed prop, so you don't cut yourself if you slip, since it sits directly over the prop/outdrive. I had 2 27s' and 4 29s and 1 35 twin step Lightning. The 29 is my favorite smaller lake/river performance trailer boat.