Notices

27 fountain vs 29 warlock world class

Old 07-24-2012, 03:26 AM
JRI
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 27 fountain vs 29 warlock world class

I'm in the market for new to me boat and narrowed it down to a late 90s 27 fever or a late 90s 29 warlock world class. Is there any problems to look for in the fountain. Which of the two make have higher freeboard and more cockpit room. Which is faster with same power and ride quality. Any known problems with warlock.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:16 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

didnt the warlock set a record for fastest v bottom with a single 500hp?? i think the boat is still in lake george ny for sale
Old 07-27-2012, 02:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JRI
I'm in the market for new to me boat and narrowed it down to a late 90s 27 fever or a late 90s 29 warlock world class. Is there any problems to look for in the fountain. Which of the two make have higher freeboard and more cockpit room. Which is faster with same power and ride quality. Any known problems with warlock.
I currently own a 23 warlock world class 454 mag all stock and the boat is amazing I can say first hand that I raced a newer 27 fountain 502 mpi and i pulled him pretty good. As far as interior I have never been in a 29 warlock but the cockpit doesn't look to be as big as the fountain def don't hold me to that though
Old 07-27-2012, 05:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I had a 24 Euro with a 496. Very fast and fun boat. Not the quality of my fountain though.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For what its worth, I have driven the 27 Fountain (admittedly not a step-hull boat) with a 525sc and an F-1 set up 29 Warlock with an HP500. The 29 Warlock would be my pick of the two- and I own a Fountain. Admittedly, the 29 was a race boat and had sit down seats, but the 27 is simply too low in the transom for my taste and the cockpit is super small. The 29 drove like a much bigger boat and the better comparison would be to a 29 Fountain single or a last years of production 29 Scarab (which is a great boat with twin small blocks or a single blue motor).