Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Newer Executioner or Older Lightning - what should we do?? >

Newer Executioner or Older Lightning - what should we do??

Notices

Newer Executioner or Older Lightning - what should we do??

Old 09-24-2012, 11:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by easyrider1340
Do you miss not having an anchor locker or swim ladder?

I'm worried that my wife (who is a pro hottie front anchor setter!) may have some issues without the locker up there.

...getting up on the back of the boat when anchored or beached may be an issue, as well.

Any thoughts?
Couple of things here...I have a 1995 29...we have added the under swim platform ladder from AquaSouce...it is AWESOME. For the anchor issue I bought a large marine bag and I roll my 200 ft of line the anchor/chain and store it in the bag. Would love to have an anchor locker, but this solution works well...keeps it contained and easily moved when needed.
Old 09-24-2012, 02:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by EufaulaFever
Couple of things here...I have a 1995 29...we have added the under swim platform ladder from AquaSouce...it is AWESOME. For the anchor issue I bought a large marine bag and I roll my 200 ft of line the anchor/chain and store it in the bag. Would love to have an anchor locker, but this solution works well...keeps it contained and easily moved when needed.
EufaulaFever, I also have a 1995 29. What does yours have for power? I just put 540's in mine. I get everything tweaked it should be a rocket.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Gilman
EufaulaFever, I also have a 1995 29. What does yours have for power? I just put 540's in mine. I get everything tweaked it should be a rocket.
I am running 454 Mags that have had a little work...nothing radical. I only have 270 hours on the motors and it has been very solid to this point. Your upgrades should make that thing fly! Good luck.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gilman
Watch out for skiers on the SanJac -

Years ago skiing was just about sawed in half by a drunk redneck going 90 in an outboard on that river. We saw him later in the party cove and he could hardly stand up.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:28 PM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

I appreciate all of the different perspectives. We're still undecided. If there is something else we should consider. Please keep the info coming.

Thanks.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:26 PM
Registered

Received 1,324 Likes on 739 Posts

Couple of things that may or may not matter.

There are a ton of EX's out there in all years, a lot with 496's if you want longer time in between rebuilds.

EX's have side opening engine hatch, a lot easier to work on the motors if that matters.

If the cabin matters it seems most of the side by side twin steps have pump out heads, a small refrig and I have seen a couple with microwaves.

Of course the twin step is faster but they also seem to be more money.

Just a couple of random thoughts,,,,,,,
Old 09-27-2012, 03:03 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I say get a lightning ! Unless you like the Windshield on the Executioner better
Old 09-27-2012, 03:39 PM
Registered

I know of a super clean 2003 35' Lightning that's about to get listed for sale. Less than 75 original hours. 575sci's with upgraded cams and intercoolers. Tuned and dyno'd at just over 700hp. Merc ITS transom assemblies with Bravo XRs and 2" Sportmaster lowers. Labbed Maximus props. Let me know if you're interested and ill get more details for you.
Old 09-28-2012, 03:41 PM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

Sent you a PM.

Originally Posted by Esquire
I know of a super clean 2003 35' Lightning that's about to get listed for sale. Less than 75 original hours. 575sci's with upgraded cams and intercoolers. Tuned and dyno'd at just over 700hp. Merc ITS transom assemblies with Bravo XRs and 2" Sportmaster lowers. Labbed Maximus props. Let me know if you're interested and ill get more details for you.