2000 32 fever how to? >

2000 32 fever how to?

Notices

2000 32 fever how to?

Old 10-08-2012, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 32 fever how to?

2000 32 fever with twin 502s any tricks to getting at drain plugs on the block trying to finish my winterizing on it and they seem impossible to get to. the ones one the manifolds are no problem. any advice or tips would be great.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:48 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

If you can't get to them you could take the thermostats out and then hook up the muffs and run RV Antifreeze through them.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:37 AM
Registered

I an mew to owning a 32 fever also, but I'm going to do what I did on my Baja with a 502. Hook up the freshwater flush, and run each motor until the thermostat opens. I bought a small electric pump at Lowe's, and have a 3 foor hose on each side. I fill a 5 gallon bucket up with RV antifreeze, turn the pump on, then fire the motor. I'll watch the exhaust to make sure it's spittin pink water out, then shut it down. After that, you're pretty much done as far as having to run it. I then change my oil and filter, because you don't want the old oil sitting in that motor over the winter, it can turn caustic. After that, dump a bunch of ethanol gas treatment in the fuel tank, and crack a beer.
I live in the Dallas area, so it really doesn't get below freezing for any extended length of time. I know guys who don't winterize at all around here (not worth the chance of cracking a block for me, but they don't listen) so if you are further up north, someone may chime in with additional stuff to do for colder climates.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:44 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

got any skinny little neighborhood kids running around that might wanna make 5 bucks?? lol
Old 10-08-2012, 12:18 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TOMMY22555
2000 32 fever with twin 502s any tricks to getting at drain plugs on the block trying to finish my winterizing on it and they seem impossible to get to. the ones one the manifolds are no problem. any advice or tips would be great.
I just helped a friend with the same boat and what I had to do was take the pumps loose on the starboard side that are mounted on the back seat bulkhead. I laid them over the back seat on a big blanket so that they wouldnt mess up the vinyl. With the pumps out of the way on one side, if you are small enough, you can squish down and then get to the plugs. Before you go down there, have a friend there to help you get out, but also go to your local hardware store and get four (4) brass 3/8 inch ball valves, four (4) 1/4 to 3/8 brass adapters and four (4) 1/4 inch x 2 inches long pipe nipples. Assemble them with pipe dope or tape so that when open, the handle points away from the motors. When you pull the plugs out and the water drains out, put the ball valves in so that when they are screwed in tight, the handles are on top. You can make yourself a hook so that the next time you winterize, you can lean over and hook onto the handle of the ball valve and either pull it open or push it open for the center drains. The outside drains can be reached with your arm. It's no picnic getting in there to do this but once you have the ball valves in, you will be much happier and the next time you winterize, you will be done in 15 minutes or less.

Good luck.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:51 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

We used to use a 5 gallon bucket with hose bib on bottom and put antifreeze in bucket hooked to ears. Short piece of hose obviously
Old 10-10-2012, 08:05 AM
Registered

i just figured out why i cant find my drain plugs because i have water pressure guages and they use the ports where the drain plugs go so i have to remove the hoses drian the block and the hoses
Old 10-10-2012, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

i just figured out why i cant find my drain plugs because i have water pressure guages and they use the ports where the drain plugs go so i have to remove the hoses drian the block and the hoses
Those are only on one side of your block, still need to pull the drain plugs on the opposite side plus those in your heat exchangers and manifolds. I remove a total of 8 plugs and two hoses, also make sure there is no sand caking up the drains. I also remove the supply hose to the sea water pump and lower hose to the recirculating pump.
See all that ice in my profile picture, that's why I very cautious doing this.

or Do the antifreeze thing others mention.
ed

Last edited by Interceptor; 10-10-2012 at 09:33 AM.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:56 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Move the water pressure hoses to the back of the intake manifolds and then you can install the ball valves. Both sides of the blocks have to be drained. One drain open will not drain both sides of a block.