Notices

Air Unit

Old 01-17-2013, 01:09 PM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Air Unit

Has anyone installed a aftermarket air cond. on a 42 easy,hard, expensive ?????
Old 01-17-2013, 01:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bill63
Has anyone installed a aftermarket air cond. on a 42 easy,hard, expensive ?????
Bill, captain Bob uses a floor type home ac and vents out the cabin door. Works awesome other than IMO transporting it. It wouldnt be ideal for a trip to PIB
Old 01-17-2013, 01:49 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by drpete3
Bill, captain Bob uses a floor type home ac and vents out the cabin door. Works awesome other than IMO transporting it. It wouldnt be ideal for a trip to PIB
I plan on removing this unit from its casing and integrating it into my cabinet by removing the cooler. It is the smallest one I could find. You can vent the hot air to the gun whale under the cabinet, and drain to the sink outlet. No water lines and cheap.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Danby-5000-B...370#vi-content
Old 01-17-2013, 02:57 PM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I am thinking that since fountain does put air in these boats as a option there should be a spot in the boat prewired for a unit.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

hatch drop in units work great! but I do like 4bus idea, let me know how that works out... I like the idea of the portable unit, only because you dont need to lug around a/c if your not planning to overnight
Attached Thumbnails Air Unit-ac-unit.jpg  
Old 01-17-2013, 03:08 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bill63
I am thinking that since fountain does put air in these boats as a option there should be a spot in the boat prewired for a unit.
All Fountain have an option for AC. All 47' come standard with AC/Heat
Old 01-17-2013, 03:25 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
I plan on removing this unit from its casing and integrating it into my cabinet by removing the cooler. It is the smallest one I could find. You can vent the hot air to the gun whale under the cabinet, and drain to the sink outlet. No water lines and cheap.

I have one of those units, except mine is a 8000 btu I believe. I keep it in my enclosed head all summer, surrounded by life jackets and noodles so it doesn't bang around. When it comes time to use it, I set it in the cabin entry way, on the step. I rig up some towels to seal things up, and let it run. It cools the cabin down nicely. Not ice cold, but comfortable. Crappy part is having to enter cabin thru deck hatch. Eventually I want to do a permanent install of some sort. My buddies with self contained units have it nice. Plug in and flip a switch. Ice cold cabin in short time.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:44 AM
Registered

Talked to a friend last nite that has had 2 42s and says the factory installed unit is under his sink. Says water inlet is under the step. His current boat doesnt have air or I could go take pix.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:51 PM
Gold Member

Originally Posted by 4bus

I had thought about doing the same thing but did not know how well the componates would hold up under all the wave jumping.let me lnow howthat works out.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:59 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
I have one of those units, except mine is a 8000 btu I believe. I keep it in my enclosed head all summer, surrounded by life jackets and noodles so it doesn't bang around. When it comes time to use it, I set it in the cabin entry way, on the step. I rig up some towels to seal things up, and let it run. It cools the cabin down nicely. Not ice cold, but comfortable. Crappy part is having to enter cabin thru deck hatch. Eventually I want to do a permanent install of some sort. My buddies with self contained units have it nice. Plug in and flip a switch. Ice cold cabin in short time.
MT/4bus:

Did y'all ever install the portable a/c? I was thinking the same thing.. Pull from casing and mount under sink. Access to gunall for hot air and sink drain for water. Would are you running the unit on?? Inverter. If so how many watts needed?.

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.