What a shame! >

What a shame!

Notices

What a shame!

Old 01-24-2013, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What a shame!

Hurricane Sandy sure did a job on the '05 38EC below. What a shame it couldn't be trailered inland.

http://www.cooperss.com/1-2-27923-Fo...xpress-Cruiser
Old 01-24-2013, 10:42 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 9 Posts

how much would it cost to bring that boat back? and what would it be worth all done? 25k seems like a rip off.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 79formula
how much would it cost to bring that boat back? and what would it be worth all done? 25k seems like a rip off.
I'm with you, the motors an genny look sorta clean. Unless they wiped them down before taking pics. 25k still seems a little steep even if they haven't retouched them, especieally since it's a saltwater boat even without Sandy. 2x 496 HOs get you to around 15k used for both, for freshwater, depending on the hours. The Genny, not much more than 1500-2000, depending on hours, AND if it stayed out of the sinking too. The bilge under the motors doesn't look too promising for any of them staying dry.

I'd offer 4k for the whole thing, pull the motors and possibly the Genny, the send the rest to a really good wood chipper. It sucks to do that, but some leech is going to sorta rehab it and get it into sorta selling condition, and some poor guy will buy it. Then the new owner gets to come on OSO and get help from the community...damm!t, I think I just got a way to get new web traffic to OSO! I better start negotiating my piece of the incoming ad money from that......
Old 01-28-2013, 04:52 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hell, its in great shape except for the ...... wait for it...... BOTTOM PAINT!!!!! That's the first thing I noticed. It's a shame such a nice boat ended up in this condition. This is why mine is in my garage in Central Florida, hurricanes won't touch my boat, too much invested into it $$$$ and time.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by 38fountainecman
Hell, its in great shape except for the ...... wait for it...... BOTTOM PAINT!!!!! That's the first thing I noticed. It's a shame such a nice boat ended up in this condition. This is why mine is in my garage in Central Florida, hurricanes won't touch my boat, too much invested into it $$$$ and time.
Bottom paint is the last problem that boat has.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:38 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

every wire and hose in that whole boat will have to be replaced, not to mention all the mechanical systems! To fix it right you would have a total re rig then you would have so much money tied up you could never get half of it back. I am like some of the others... take out what little is salvageable and send the rest to a chipper!