Prop question:  Bravo 1  vs  Hydro quad 4 >

Prop question: Bravo 1 vs Hydro quad 4

Notices

Prop question: Bravo 1 vs Hydro quad 4

Old 01-31-2013, 08:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prop question: Bravo 1 vs Hydro quad 4

I'm running 32 pitch bravo 1's on my fever and am spinning a little too fast, about 5500- 5600 on my 575 sci's. I plan on stepping up to 34 pitch, should I stay with bravo 1's or try the quad 4's ? What seems to work best on a fountain hull ?
Old 01-31-2013, 06:11 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 12 Posts

From my experience you'd be making a big step backwards. I went from 29 Quad 4's to 30 Bravo 1s. Both are a bit "over-propped" for my boat, but I saw similar top end RPMs out of both. The Bravo's made the boat an entirely different boat for me. It planed better, it felt "lighter", ran the same on top and picked up 5-6 in the mid range over my Hydros at the same RPMs. My Hydro's also had a bad habit of giving me some shake when getting on plane which I've never had out of the Bravos. The Bravo just seems to be a more refined, well mannered prop in my application.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jpzaluski
From my experience you'd be making a big step backwards. I went from 29 Quad 4's to 30 Bravo 1s. Both are a bit "over-propped" for my boat, but I saw similar top end RPMs out of both. The Bravo's made the boat an entirely different boat for me. It planed better, it felt "lighter", ran the same on top and picked up 5-6 in the mid range over my Hydros at the same RPMs. My Hydro's also had a bad habit of giving me some shake when getting on plane which I've never had out of the Bravos. The Bravo just seems to be a more refined, well mannered prop in my application.
Jason,

Have you tried running 28s? Im turning 26s on stock 500EFI's and I can tell I need a bigger set of wheels for sure
Old 02-02-2013, 04:22 AM
Registered

You need to contact Brett at BBLADES PROFESSIONAL PROPELLERS. 920-295-4435 or
www.bblades.com. I have owned a 27, 29, and now have a 35 Fountain. He has helped me with all of my prop questions and/or problems. The guy really knows what he is doing. Call him, he will be happy to help you and will spend as much time as needed to help you.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:30 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 136 Likes on 81 Posts

Generally Fountains are Hydromotive boats. I have tried bravos on my straight botttom 35 and they didnt work for me . But we had a trip 42 and it loved bravos over the hydros.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:19 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

I run 28P. Quad 4's on my 35 Fountain straight bottom ,turning out, and they perform great, it planes out effortlessly, never had any vibration, 83 on gps,, RPM'S are good, but I haven't tried Bravo 1's on this boat, you won't know whats' best until you try both, Hydromotive has a return program so you can return them if they don't work.