Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
2000 35 lightning windshield >

2000 35 lightning windshield

Notices

2000 35 lightning windshield

Old 04-11-2013, 11:55 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

What is needed here is for someone with the 4 piece low windshield to find and post the part number. Taylor claims to have made them for Fountain and can reproduce it with the right part number.

I think 2000 up to 2006 model years would be the ones to have these. I did not dig this info out but understand it came from a reliable source. Bunch of us would be real appreciative if someone could take a look. My understanding is that it is on the unit under the lip of the rubber seal and should be easy to get a look at.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 04-11-2013 at 11:58 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
What is needed here is for someone with the 4 piece low windshield to find and post the part number. Taylor claims to have made them for Fountain and can reproduce it with the right part number.

I think 2000 up to 2006 model years would be the ones to have these. I did not dig this info out but understand it came from a reliable source. Bunch of us would be real appreciative if someone could take a look. My understanding is that it is on the unit under the lip of the rubber seal and should be easy to get a look at.
Any idea where? I'll take a look on mine.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fountain made there windshields in house I had my 35 windshield cut down at the factory. You need a new top rail when you cut the windshield down. It becomes longer.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LicenseToChill
Any idea where? I'll take a look on mine.

I'm not positive on this but understand at the bottom edge just under the rubber gasket that sets it into the bottom frame.

Thanks, be great if you can find the numbers. Is yours the low one? I hear there was a mid heigth one as well.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 04-12-2013 at 12:30 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 27Fountain
Fountain made there windshields in house I had my 35 windshield cut down at the factory. You need a new top rail when you cut the windshield down. It becomes longer.

What I have been told is that the older four section ones were done by Taylor, newer ones with the one piece front were done at Fountain, or elsewhere. Not the expert here just bringing this back up to see if there is some more info out there.