Trailer winch >

Trailer winch

Notices

Trailer winch

Old 04-09-2013, 10:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucky1456
They make these new plastic pieces that screw down to the bunks. You can get them in one length shots or small pieces and just space them apart. Anyhow I highly recommend these for you trailer. The boat will load 20 times easier and unload just as easy. When I first tried mine after putting these on. I almost ran up in the back on my truck the boat slid thru the bunks so easy. Certainly no need for an electric wench for sure after you put these on. I had bought a brand new electric wench at the sometime I bought the pieces I'm talking about and traded it on this site for a heads up trim display.
Be VERY VERY careful with those plastic bunk pads. I have seen numerous boats fall of the trailer coming out of the water. Make SURE you hook up the winch strap before coming out of the water.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:24 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by EufaulaFever
Be VERY VERY careful with those plastic bunk pads. I have seen numerous boats fall of the trailer coming out of the water. Make SURE you hook up the winch strap before coming out of the water.
And I've seen more than my share of winch straps break too.

You need a safety chain tied to trailer frame, whether you are using those plastic sliders or not. Winch (straps) are recovery tools, not tie downs for road travel.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:17 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Wes Burmark
Soldier, not sure why you don't want to move up to an electric wench. I launch my 29' twin solo and it is really nice to be in the truck with the wireless remote backing up slowly as I reel in the boat with the power wench. If you change your mind I can give you model info. It's rated at 7500# with the included pulley.
to be honest with you dont need it boat gets on the bunks very easy. Plus they cost more, require electricity and one more thing to bring. Current winch has lasted 20 years so this one should last just as long. Plus I dont like the idea of cables, rather have a strap.