Who has tutorial for doing impellers in half staggered 38' with 525's >

Who has tutorial for doing impellers in half staggered 38' with 525's

Notices

Who has tutorial for doing impellers in half staggered 38' with 525's

Old 04-09-2013, 03:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who has tutorial for doing impellers in half staggered 38' with 525's

So I've done 496's several times....the starboard side on this looks like a bi*ch!!! Unless ur a circus midget, I'm not sure how the hell that one is possible. Gonna try and knock these out this weekend. Any have any step by steps, pics, bolt sizes etc. Thanks!!

PS-Probably gonna run Mobile 1 15w50 and use Merc HP filters. Sound good? Any other suggestions?
Old 04-09-2013, 05:48 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think you mean the port side? The stbd side should be the furthest back of the two engines and I doubt you have a reverse stagger.

The water pump is the closest thing to you if you are sitting in the engine compartment. Do the stbd side first to get a feel for it. Then do the port engine. It's not hard, just a little bit of a PITA.

Or you could pull the engine. lol
Old 04-10-2013, 01:35 PM
Registered

Um no, the easier side on my boat is the port side. I never considered it reverse?? As for a plan that's exactly what I was planning on doing...obviously. What I'm looking for is direction on steps to disconnect...tips...bolt sizes etc. already knew to do the easier side first man
Old 04-10-2013, 04:48 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Viperchad
Um no, the easier side on my boat is the port side. I never considered it reverse?? As for a plan that's exactly what I was planning on doing...obviously. What I'm looking for is direction on steps to disconnect...tips...bolt sizes etc. already knew to do the easier side first man
Which engines sits the furthest forward on your boat?

edit - did some searching. Looks like most of the 06s had the reverse stagger as well as some 05's....

Last edited by keegan; 04-10-2013 at 05:07 PM.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:32 PM
Registered

http://www.google.com/search?btnG=1&...mpeller+change
Old 04-10-2013, 05:59 PM
Registered

My starboard is forward
Old 04-10-2013, 08:11 PM
Registered

Mine is the same boat and I just did mine last weekend. on the port motor take the allen bolt out of the pulley with the belt still on, this holds pulley from turning, remove steel fuel line from filter mount end, take hoses off pump, take 3 bolts out from back side of pump, they are 1/2 inch head, there are 5 bolts, the 2 closest to the outside have nuts on the other end, they do not bolt pump to bracket, take the 3 harder to get to bolts out and pull water and fuel pump out together. to get to the starboard side I pulled the tail pipe off the header, like you said, unless you're a circus midget you'll never get in there. p.s. fuel line 3/4 wrench, forget allen size on pulley, don't need to remove pulley on stbd pump. oh yea.... get some motrin, you're gonna need it
Old 04-11-2013, 08:21 PM
Registered

Just did the port side today. Wasn't so bad except after removing the fuel pump (60hrs) I discovered that it had taken a dump. Awesome. Tons of gas in the gear oil. After doing sme research it seems like everyone is having this issue. Not sure I understand why taking Allen bolt out of the pulley helps?? What's the significance of not having the pulley turn? I just loosened the nut and took the belt off then removed the entire sea and fuel pumas one unit with the pulley attached.

As for the starboard, does the outside header need to come off or just the tailpipe? If so what section did you remove first?
Old 04-11-2013, 09:01 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Pardon the brief hi jack but since we're talking circus midgits here and cramped engine compartments (I could get offended with that term but since I'm 6'1" 250 I probably shouldn't) How in the world do you change the fuel line on the forward or port engine on a 525 42? It must be replaced because the plastic liner inside the fuel line shrunk up and crinkled, probably from E10. The connection to the fuel switch on the front firewall is low in the bilge with two hose clamps and at least 15" out of my reach. Anybody done it or know the trick?
Thanks, Andy
Old 04-12-2013, 06:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Viperchad
Just did the port side today. Wasn't so bad except after removing the fuel pump (60hrs) I discovered that it had taken a dump. Awesome. Tons of gas in the gear oil. After doing sme research it seems like everyone is having this issue. Not sure I understand why taking Allen bolt out of the pulley helps?? What's the significance of not having the pulley turn? I just loosened the nut and took the belt off then removed the entire sea and fuel pumas one unit with the pulley attached.

As for the starboard, does the outside header need to come off or just the tailpipe? If so what section did you remove first?
I probably screwed up with the pulley, I thought I would have to pull the pump out toward the rear. You don't unbolt the header, just remove the band clamp at the end of the header, the hose clamps on the exhaust hose, wedge screwdriver under hose and spray silicone to lubricate hose, pull tail piece rearward ( very hard to do) pull front of tail away from header flange, then forward out of exh. hose.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.