water pump >

water pump

Notices

water pump

Old 04-30-2013, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default water pump

I have searched the threads and google, and its 50/50. Pulled my sea water pump off, new style Bravo 1 drive.

Anyways thought I would be slick and take a picture of where the two hoses went on the back of the pump before i took it off. well pic didnt really work.

Million dollar question is what inlet does the intake hose go to LH or RH. I know it has to do with rotation, which I have no clue, it is a twin set up and the engines both look the same from the front in the way they are dressed. The left one it seems the intake goes ton the bottom inlet( but without taking it off I dont know what the bottom hole is RH or LH.

I put the pump back on the right side where the LH hole seemed to be the lower one canted to the right side of the boat and I put the intake on that one.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the intake hose goes on the one labeled rh, the out goes to lh out, I think im doing mine so I will double check, I did one awhile back and changed 3 impellers before I figured I had the wrong hoses hooked up.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:09 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by soldier4402
I have searched the threads and google, and its 50/50. Pulled my sea water pump off, new style Bravo 1 drive.

Anyways thought I would be slick and take a picture of where the two hoses went on the back of the pump before i took it off. well pic didnt really work.

Million dollar question is what inlet does the intake hose go to LH or RH. I know it has to do with rotation, which I have no clue, it is a twin set up and the engines both look the same from the front in the way they are dressed. The left one it seems the intake goes ton the bottom inlet( but without taking it off I dont know what the bottom hole is RH or LH.

I put the pump back on the right side where the LH hole seemed to be the lower one canted to the right side of the boat and I put the intake on that one.
look at the other engine,install your hoses the same way,very simple.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mike tkach
look at the other engine,install your hoses the same way,very simple.
the other one comes off tonight and that was second plan of action.

To me it looks like both engine rotate the same way, but I thought I have seen where on twins sometimes they dont.

Worst case scenario ill unhook everything hook muffs up and see which one pushes water.

I guess note to self grease pen the lines next time
Old 05-01-2013, 11:22 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they should rotate the same, its the olderones which rotated opposite, let me know also cause its easier to do it once.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:35 AM
Registered

took the other one apart and took a good look at it first. intake goes to RH and obviously the other one goes to LH.

Had two years on those and looks of it probably could have squeaked out another. But an hour of time and 40 bucks was probably cheaper than breaking down
Old 05-02-2013, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

Bottom hose goes to oil cooler on mine.
ed