Thoughts on 32 Fever >

Thoughts on 32 Fever

Notices

Thoughts on 32 Fever

Old 05-03-2013, 08:45 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Thoughts on 32 Fever

Looking for opinions, good & bad of the 32 Fever. I have loved its stance in the water for many years and may consider one....
Old 05-03-2013, 09:35 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

I like mine,,have only been out about 5 times since I bought it last fall but I think its a solid build good riding boat,,

yes you will get a lot of opinions and a lot will tell you skip the 32 and go to a 35 because its a much better of a ride,,will a 35 ride better then a 32?sure it ill but a 38 will ride better then a 35 and a 42 will ride better then a 38 and lets not forget the a 47 will ride better then a 42..so you might as well go straight to a 47.

but like you I like the way the boat sits in the water,,
Attached Thumbnails Thoughts on 32 Fever-pier1.jpg  
Old 05-03-2013, 10:41 AM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they make fast boats with mild motors.alittle tough to work on in the bilge department,but good sold boats.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:54 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Small cockpits, a pretty big pain to work on. But they are the best looking fountain in my opinion. If you get a great deal jump on it. But if you could do a 35 I'd suggest going for 1. The extra 3ft just really makes a huge difference everywhere!
Old 05-03-2013, 11:14 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

everybody always says bigger, but a lot of times it comes down to what you can afford, where your using it, storing it, etc. And you have to tow it. Everybody always says its only 1 foot bigger, but every inch you add and every HP you add equals money at some point.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:38 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MonkeySea2
Looking for opinions, good & bad of the 32 Fever. I have loved its stance in the water for many years and may consider one....

We really like ours. Was perfect size for us, towing, storing, and using. Like mentioned above, you'll always get the bigger recommendations.

Haven't used it for a few yrs though, (gone to cruiser lifestyle )
so I really need to get busy and get it listed
Old 05-03-2013, 05:59 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

More often than not, as we move along lifes path, we are able to convinvce ourslves that we need to get on the bigger better wagon. I have for years told myself that bigger better would fix al that was somewhat lacking in my boat selection. Had the good fortune last summer to hitch a ride with a friend that has THE boat that, in my mind, would be the ultimate fix for me. Had a blast all afternoon, stepped on the dock thinking to myself,,, This does not do it all perfectly either!!!

Lesson here is ................. Buy what you can afford, what makes you happy every weekend. Enjoy the dream of the ultimate ride that will do everything, someday you may find it.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:19 PM
Registered

Just bought mine 4 weeks ago. Love it so far. I have only had it out one time cannot wait to get it out when the weather warms up. Easy to tow, easy to dock, with the 500 HP's it's plenty fast for me. Also there are some really good deals out there. Good luck.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:44 PM
Registered

Got my 98 with newly rebuilt 502s in it the end of last season. Have had it out 5 or 6 times so far. It rides great, very stable, takes the chop really well compared to my old boat (Baja 252). The cockpit is a little small, but to be honest, I have a reserved seat anyway, so I don't give it much thought. Have spent the night out on the water in it a couple of times, and it was comfy enough. It seems to be a pretty effecient hull too, with a very dry ride, even in chop. I have hit cruiser wakes in it that would have gotten my old boat airborne, and it just pushes through without even spilling my drink.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:40 AM
Registered
Gold Member

I don't think you can go wrong with any size Fountain that comes your way, they are all great boats !
The 32 I have found it's way to me, I'd say, rather than the other way around, but I'm glad it did.
Would I move up to a 35 if I could......? Maybe. But it would depend on a lot of factors that had nothing to do with which boat was better. You gain some things and you lose some things from one model to another , The 32's do look cool sitting in the water, can't get that exact stance with anything else. Especially the later ones with the big step, that gets it all hunkered down and ready to pounce.
I borrowed that line, but I forget from who.
My non step '93, after a lot of aluminum parts , sits high enough I don't use the silent choice much any more. but I don't have people telling me it's sinking all the time anymore either. I kind of miss that.
small cockpit? yep. but if I wanted functionality I'd have a center console.
hard to work on? try a 29 with twins. or a lot of bigger twin engine boats from other manufacturers that take advantage of every available inch of cockpit space. I can stand in front of my motors, but I'm kinda' skinny.
You get a good sized cabin to balance it out. actually more room on the wrap around lounge than a 35 with the built in head. and there's still a porta crapper in there.
Big sunpad and without the rail all the way around it like you have on a lightning it's a touch easier to hang out on when your on the hook.....
By the way, Legend Marine had a sweet '32 in the classifieds., blue motors, low hours, I'd take that in a heartbeat and quit thinking about a 35 at all if I could swing it ! it's perfect !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.