99 32 Fever A/C install? >

99 32 Fever A/C install?

Notices

99 32 Fever A/C install?

Old 08-05-2013, 10:00 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 99 32 Fever A/C install?

Has anyone ever tried to install A/C in a 32 before? I am seriously thinking about doing it but I'd like to hear if anyone has done it. If so where did you place the unit and mount the thru hull for the pump?
Old 08-05-2013, 09:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My guess would be in the V berth on a 32 is where the unit would go. A small 5k btu. I could be wrong though
I looked at doing it when I had my 32. Don't think the expense is worth it though.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My guess would be in the V berth on a 32 is where the unit would go. A small 5k btu. I could be wrong though
I looked at doing it when I had my 32. Don't think the expense is worth it though.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:24 PM
Registered

Received 1,330 Likes on 742 Posts

Try searching there are two that I know of, one just cut a big hole and used a home window u it.

The other put a Marine AC in.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:04 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes, it can be done no problem. I did it.
I located my 6500 Btu unit under the sink where the cooler is/was. By locating it there, you don't have to drill thru any stringers or bulkheads for the supply duct, return air, or water lines. I slotted the cabinet front door for the return air, and ran the duct up behind the switch panel to 2 registers in the plexy above the light row. I actually gained more storage space under that cabinet with the AC in there vs the cooler that was located right in the middle. Was able to keep the storage under the lid as before. Just replaced the cooler drop in lid and surround with a peice of 1/4" plywood and a thin 1/32" peice of white plastic for a clean smooth bottom. Only holes drilled were for the 2 registers and the water pickup.

If you locate it up under the birth, you have to do some serious cutting to run your duct work and water lines, plus that's the roughest riding location you can pick.
Water pickup, pump and strainer are in the bilge. I used the cabin step bilge pumps thru hull as the discharge.(removed that pump since I never get water up front)

Moss growing under your feet there Phil?

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 08-06-2013 at 10:06 PM.
Old 08-07-2013, 03:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Yes, it can be done no problem. I did it.
I located my 6500 Btu unit under the sink where the cooler is/was. By locating it there, you don't have to drill thru any stringers or bulkheads for the supply duct, return air, or water lines. I slotted the cabinet front door for the return air, and ran the duct up behind the switch panel to 2 registers in the plexy above the light row. I actually gained more storage space under that cabinet with the AC in there vs the cooler that was located right in the middle. Was able to keep the storage under the lid as before. Just replaced the cooler drop in lid and surround with a peice of 1/4" plywood and a thin 1/32" peice of white plastic for a clean smooth bottom. Only holes drilled were for the 2 registers and the water pickup.

If you locate it up under the birth, you have to do some serious cutting to run your duct work and water lines, plus that's the roughest riding location you can pick.
Water pickup, pump and strainer are in the bilge. I used the cabin step bilge pumps thru hull as the discharge.(removed that pump since I never get water up front)

Moss growing under your feet there Phil?

Thanks US 1... I was thinking that would be the best place to put it since the cooler really isn't that usable. My only questions is do you have any issues with the condensation pan spilling after you have used the AC for a night then go and run the boat? Or does it drain good enough that it doesn't matter? Also where did you locate the 30amp plug and the panel in the cabin? I was thinking about locating everything on the port side of the boat so it would be easier to wire everything and put a GFCI plug in also. I would be interested to hear how you set that up.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:30 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Do yourself a favor and get the Mermaid Condensator. It sucks the condensation out of the pan and discharges it in the discharge hose. Not a drop of water is ever in my drip pan.

I installed the shorepower plug on the passenger side forward of the gas fill, approx in line with the glove box. I have a GFCI outlet to the left of the pump/light switches, and the shore panel to the right. Everything related to the A/C and shorepower is located behind the cabinet trim panels and within the that curved plexy panel that houses the switches. Keep it simple! I designed my A/C system to be ran with the boat on the lift.
Can you view pics here?

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 08-07-2013 at 04:40 PM.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:33 AM
Registered

Do yourself a favor and get the Mermaid Condensator. It sucks the condensation out of the pan and discharges it in the discharge hose. Not a drop of water is ever in my drip pan.

I installed the shorepower plug on the passenger side forward of the gas fill, approx in line with the glove box. I have a GFCI outlet to the left of the pump/light switches, and the shore panel to the right. Everything related to the A/C and shorepower is located behind the cabinet trim panels and within the that curved plexy panel that houses the switches. Keep it simple! I designed my A/C system to be ran with the boat on the lift.
Can you view pics here?
I didn't realize they had that for the condensation pan! Yes I can view pics.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:27 AM
Registered

Received 218 Likes on 113 Posts

Can you view pics here?
Please post away,,the more the better
Old 08-08-2013, 11:10 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

By popular demand
Attached Thumbnails 99 32 Fever A/C install?-p1010026.jpg   99 32 Fever A/C install?-p1010011.jpg   99 32 Fever A/C install?-p1010004.jpg  

99 32 Fever A/C install?-p1010035.jpg   99 32 Fever A/C install?-p1010025.jpg   99 32 Fever A/C install?-p1010018.jpg  

99 32 Fever A/C install?-p1010042.jpg   99 32 Fever A/C install?-shorepower-panel-medium-.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.