Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Trips to Twins.... >

Trips to Twins....

Notices

Trips to Twins....

Old 11-18-2013, 06:38 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

On a older boat you probably should ask your two questions. What does it cost? And is it worth it on an older boat.
Old 11-29-2013, 09:19 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey tnt1 I have a use for your twin shifters/throttles. Get with me when you can Thanks 29 Fountain Fun Kyle
Old 11-29-2013, 03:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ill try to get some pic over the week end and get them out to you next week
Old 11-29-2013, 06:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tnt1
ill try to get some pic over the week end and get them out to you next week
Nice looking for what you have done so far.

Depending on what you start with it may not take a ton of cash. I'll have a good idea if it's worth it when mine is done. It's getting transom put in now. I'm going from triple 540 blower motors on IMCO boxes to twin staggered 540's with Whipples.
Old 12-01-2013, 02:28 AM
Registered

A twin staggered is a great ride but with strong 540’s and bravo style drives I would make plans for a lot of drives.

I like you guys threads on the changes and for sure some great work…..

tnt1’s boat is just phenomenal… I am sure Eddie’s will be also, can’t wait to see some updates……..
Old 12-02-2013, 10:21 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's been a while since I read through it, but there is a thread in the Outerlimits section where a guy took a triple 37' OL to twin side-by-sides. It might provide some useful insight. I think the name of the thread was "37 remake", you should be able to do a search and find it. I'm pretty sure that after taking out the center engine, he moved the two rear motors forward to help with C of G.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:53 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Good thread on the 99 42. I am actually going through some of this right now.... similar situation. I have a 2000 47 Lightning... took the 500efi's out... and am planning on putting new 525efis back into it. I have one new 525efi ready for install and the other two are getting rebuild right now... will take another few months to complete that conversion. The problem is... I have a set of brand new 600sci motors sitting in my garage right now.... Should I just fill the center hole and install the (2) 600sci motors with Bmax drives? How would this effect resale?? Will I get kicked n the balls for not staggering the motors? Or should I just install the 525's with XR's and be done with it? I have already received an estimate for rebuilding the stringers for staggered... and I am looking at 10k minimum for the new stringers / transom so need to consider that as well... What do you guys think??
Old 12-17-2013, 10:02 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

hey Team psi what ever happened with your flat deck project?.. How come you never finished the boat. i always thought it would be interesting putting the surface drives on that boat with them angled in the distance of a staggered boat.

LATER
Old 12-18-2013, 06:01 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TeamPSI
Good thread on the 99 42. I am actually going through some of this right now.... similar situation. I have a 2000 47 Lightning... took the 500efi's out... and am planning on putting new 525efis back into it. I have one new 525efi ready for install and the other two are getting rebuild right now... will take another few months to complete that conversion. The problem is... I have a set of brand new 600sci motors sitting in my garage right now.... Should I just fill the center hole and install the (2) 600sci motors with Bmax drives? How would this effect resale?? Will I get kicked n the balls for not staggering the motors? Or should I just install the 525's with XR's and be done with it? I have already received an estimate for rebuilding the stringers for staggered... and I am looking at 10k minimum for the new stringers / transom so need to consider that as well... What do you guys think??
Is two 600's really enough ponies to move the weight of a 47? especially if they're not staggered?