Never seems to be enough >

Never seems to be enough

Notices

Never seems to be enough

Old 02-12-2014, 09:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Never seems to be enough

Ok fellow beak drivers. I have a killer boat that runs 81 and that should be fast enough right????? It seems every time I turn around I am looking at lowers, engine upgrades or new engines. Trying to squeeze a few more mph here and there but then have to smack myself. I ask myself damn is it not fast enough or cool enough for now. Why do I have to torture myself this way. Am I alone or is it a sickness with all of us??? I know I have read other threads and probably know the answer but hey its snowing here and damn I'm ready to get on the water!!!
Old 02-12-2014, 10:32 AM
Registered

I hear ya, its this looonngg cold winter!! I find myself pondering about upgrades and like you i got to smack my self now and again haha I guess im just like the rest of us, NEVER SATISFIED! hahaha
Old 02-12-2014, 03:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't get started down that road because it never ends!!!!! I KNOW
Old 02-12-2014, 04:34 PM
Registered

I have done it all, whipples, headers, drives, and I still not enough. My little 32 runs 104 and I want more!!! Trust me, it never stops
Old 02-12-2014, 05:02 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

last winter I got in the car and headed out to pick up a pair of pro chargers for my boat got about 30 miles away and smacked my self and turned around. I told myself that Bravo's are pretty safe with twins at 600 hp any more and I would be looking a drive failure.
Rich
Old 02-12-2014, 07:26 PM
Registered

I just got my 35 ZR last year and it was stocked with 710 Ilmor's and goes 100+ but I read everyone's post and wonder what I could add to mine. Then I realize I'm not even comfortable with as much power as this boat has plus my wife would kill me if I decided to put more money into the boat!
Old 02-12-2014, 07:50 PM
Registered

Received 200 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisL
I just got my 35 ZR last year and it was stocked with 710 Ilmor's and goes 100+ but I read everyone's post and wonder what I could add to mine. Then I realize I'm not even comfortable with as much power as this boat has plus my wife would kill me if I decided to put more money into the boat!
You lost? just kidding.

I almost think about how to go faster as much as naked girls! It's never fast enough and never will be, so I think sometimes we just need to be happy with what we got! At least that's what poor people tell themselves.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:02 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

You try to go faster and faster till you can't go faster any more

then you take up roller skating!

3pointstar
Old 02-13-2014, 03:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 3pointstar
You try to go faster and faster till you can't go faster any more

then you take up roller skating!

3pointstar
I hear you. Way to old to roller skate anymore. Sold all my other toys to concentrate on the go fast boats. 3 Harley, Jeeps, ski boats.......the list can go on. Quickly I'm discovering that the way to go faster is to buy it that way. Way easier to finance a whole boat than to make one faster. Here in SC up a 4 AM checking on my boat out under my soft sided garage. Lots of snow and ice on her. All the supports are bowed in and stressed. Hopefully they will hold. Funny thing though. As I was inspecting the roof and supports getting dangerously close to buckling under the weight I thought: Well if it goes I can go ahead and get the cut down windshield I have been wanting. Damn it really is a sickness!!!
Old 02-17-2014, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 682gold
I hear you. Way to old to roller skate anymore. Sold all my other toys to concentrate on the go fast boats. 3 Harley, Jeeps, ski boats.......the list can go on. Quickly I'm discovering that the way to go faster is to buy it that way. Way easier to finance a whole boat than to make one faster. Here in SC up a 4 AM checking on my boat out under my soft sided garage. Lots of snow and ice on her. All the supports are bowed in and stressed. Hopefully they will hold. Funny thing though. As I was inspecting the roof and supports getting dangerously close to buckling under the weight I thought: Well if it goes I can go ahead and get the cut down windshield I have been wanting. Damn it really is a sickness!!!
Do it all ! Just remember you will spend 8 grand retail on props once you get the power that you want. I did it like this. Did the windshield before i even sea trialed it. Then i did sportmasters and 1 set of props. B blades rents test props cheap. Then i blue printed the bottom and the drives. Then i got the second set of props. If i change power i need to change all the props ! So i am keeping the power the way it is and spending the rest on taking girls boating wife, nanny, kid, nannys friends, wifes friends etc. Maybe i will bring a buddy or 2 with too

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.