Notices

Fountain 47 Rails project..

Old 03-17-2014, 07:08 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Fountain 47 Rails project..

Ok, trying this again..

Almost finished with my rail upgrade project.. My 47 came with only a single rail down the center of the bow. Personally, didn't like the look or lack of function. Didn't have a rail on the stern either.. just about done with the new rail install...

Here's what it looked like before:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]520410[/ATTACH]

and now...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]520411[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]520412[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]520413[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]520414[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]520415[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]520416[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Fountain 47 Rails project..-image.jpg   Fountain 47 Rails project..-image.jpg   Fountain 47 Rails project..-image.jpg  

Fountain 47 Rails project..-image.jpg   Fountain 47 Rails project..-image.jpg   Fountain 47 Rails project..-image.jpg  

Fountain 47 Rails project..-image.jpg  
Old 03-17-2014, 09:02 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks good I can't imagine not having rails up front. Something to hold onto while at the dock or hang your bumpers from.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:10 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Looks good I can't imagine not having rails up front. Something to hold onto while at the dock or hang your bumpers from.
Exactly!! Me neither.. Boat's just too big not to be able to have something to grab when docking.. need to be able to hold onto something when setting the anchor... and have something for the fenders.. it was not a cheap endeavor but worth every penny...
Old 03-17-2014, 10:28 AM
Registered

Received 1,329 Likes on 742 Posts

Yea that would be a bitc$ without rails, what are they doing with the holes from the old one?

Looks good to, still like that all white with just a touch of blue.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:59 AM
Registered

Received 394 Likes on 164 Posts

Very tastefully done, nice looking ride.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:38 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
Yea that would be a bitc$ without rails, what are they doing with the holes from the old one?

Looks good to, still like that all white with just a touch of blue.
We figured we'd leave them for some extra cabin ventilation...

Actually, have a great fiberglass guy who's filling them in and matching the gelcoat.. I also had to move the stern pole light socket because of where the stern rail hit.. so that's a nice big 1 1/4" inch hole that's also being filled.

The all white has grown on me too, especially now with the blue rails.. just enough color to break it up and still keep the boat looking clean.. my wife saw the boat for the first time in person yesterday and she really likes the all white. you know what that means...
Old 03-17-2014, 06:11 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Looks great! Did you get the rails from the Fountain factory? If so how were they to deal with right now?
Don't mean to be a twit, but I would like to pick up a few interior parts and was just wondering. Thanks.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great!!! Nice job
Old 03-17-2014, 09:25 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
Looks great! Did you get the rails from the Fountain factory? If so how were they to deal with right now?
Don't mean to be a twit, but I would like to pick up a few interior parts and was just wondering. Thanks.
Thanks!! Yes, I got the rails from Fountain. I've ordered a lot of stuff from Fountain the past year or so and all has been fine until I had a few hiccups with the rails, but in the end, they've always done the right thing by me. The first stern rail they fabricated incorrectly and didn't realize it until it got shipped, but they made me a new one and shipped on their dime. That replacement rail got nicked right before it went out and although it took longer they re-powder coated it rather than ship with a chip in the finish.. The bow rails had some slight alignment issues but fortunately, we were able to correct them in the field. In fairness to Fountain, these rails are all custom fabricated from a spec and without the boat on site to precisely measure from, it's guesswork at best. I've only dealt with Joanna Bodwin there and can't say enough good things about her.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:06 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Looks very good man. Good to hear your able to get stuff from them still.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.