Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
1985 12 meter engine hatch cylinder help? >

1985 12 meter engine hatch cylinder help?

Notices

1985 12 meter engine hatch cylinder help?

Old 03-20-2014, 08:28 AM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default 1985 12 meter engine hatch cylinder help?

The engine hatch rams have become too pitted to repair and keep braking seals and need to be replaced, any idea on what to replace with?? There arent any markings on the rams saying who made them or where they came from, they have about an 8 1/2" stroke and are about 18" overall when fully extended. Any help on how to replace these with something that fits this application?? Any help would be much apprecited guys. MIKE

Sorry for not having a better picture, will get the ram in my hands and take some better ones shortly. I had towels wrapped around them to catch the oil
Attached Thumbnails 1985 12 meter engine hatch cylinder help?-photo-1.jpg   1985 12 meter engine hatch cylinder help?-photo-2.jpg   1985 12 meter engine hatch cylinder help?-photo-3.jpg  

Old 03-20-2014, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like the same set up as my 10 meter. Believe they are the same rams as the ones used for internal power steering just below the brazil valve body. Heard a rumor that n.a.p.a. or similar auto parts stores could get them as they were used on cars back in the day, cant confirm that tho.