33/35 ride quality? >

33/35 ride quality?

Notices

33/35 ride quality?

Old 04-08-2014, 12:04 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 88bullet
here is a 28 pantera tied up to a 35 fountain... transoms are lined up. cockpits are lined up i dont see a whole lot different up front. just sayin
[ATTACH=CONFIG]521703[/ATTACH]
The difference is 5 ft, I see it. How drastic is it supposed to be?

Pretty clear that after 1994 the coast guard regulated that molded swim platforms be counted is loa, after all it does stand for legnth over all. So if the pantera was molded it would be a 30 next to the 35.

You guys just try to make things more confusing lol.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here is a 28 pantera tied up to a 35 fountain... transoms are lined up. cockpits are lined up i dont see a whole lot different up front. just sayin
[ATTACH=CONFIG]521703[/ATTACH]
To beak or not to beak, For me there is no question. I like the ride of my 38!!! I know lots will say 35 or whatever. Beak it!!!
Old 04-08-2014, 12:58 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

i agree... to move into a fountain to gain any size you gotta get a 38.

Ron i wish i had the side shot of them tied together at grass island. the bow hook on the fountain was about a foot farther forward then the pantera. are you telling your old lady that 6 inches is a foot?
Old 04-08-2014, 01:10 PM
Registered

Received 115 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris
I am curious about the ride quality of the 33/35 fountain straight bottom boats?
The one thing i can say about my 35 flat bottom is predictable , ride quality in the chop is excellent ,it does not do anything funny when you turn the wheel at speed,and is fairly fast for what it is.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:18 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

i agree... to move into a fountain to gain any size you gotta get a 38.

Ron i wish i had the side shot of them tied together at grass island. the bow hook on the fountain was about a foot farther forward then the pantera. are you telling your old lady that 6 inches is a foot?

You have biased hate for Fountians, try looking straight on.

And no I am not saying that, but I know 35 is 35 ft whether it is made up with platform, beak, whatever, it's still 35 ft. You act like it is a conspiracy? I believe the one he is considering is a 10 meter 33 anyway, you won't be able to use the molded swim platform joke on him.

The 28 pantera is offered with a single. A single wouldn't even get a 33/35 fountain on plane. It's a bigger boat dude.

Who makes a performance boat with a molded swim platform after 1994 that doesn't count it in loa?

Boats that also have/ count platforms

OL, hustler, nor tech, power quest, sunsation, black thunder, scarab, formula, donzi, sonic, etc.

Performance should be the discussion, not how a 35 looks next to a pantera from a rear angle camera shot. Spend some time in one with a competent pilot and enjoy a great hull from a legend. The proof is in the performance, and overall it is hard to beat.

OP - go a head and purchase it, just because your buff buddies don't think you should. You can buy what they want you to buy and always wonder what if, or you can buy the fountain and you want and show them what's up be prepared to be hated haha.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:32 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

comparing a 28 Pantera to a 33/35 Fountain is a joke..., The 28 Pantera is much better suited as a single engine boat, I'm sure most would agree, way to a$$ heavy w/twin BBC , not to mention the tiny cockpit... a 35 Fountain would be leaps & bounds better performing & much better ride.. no comparison.. carry on
Old 04-08-2014, 01:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like my Formula a lot, but if could do it over I would buy a Fountain. Can't beat the classic lines.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:55 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Jake
I like my Formula a lot, but if could do it over I would buy a Fountain. Can't beat the classic lines.
You can do it over again. Sell and buy!! Haha
Old 04-08-2014, 02:00 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
You have biased hate for Fountians, try looking straight on.

And no I am not saying that, but I know 35 is 35 ft whether it is made up with platform, beak, whatever, it's still 35 ft. You act like it is a conspiracy? I believe the one he is considering is a 10 meter 33 anyway, you won't be able to use the molded swim platform joke on him.

The 28 pantera is offered with a single. A single wouldn't even get a 33/35 fountain on plane. It's a bigger boat dude.

Who makes a performance boat with a molded swim platform after 1994 that doesn't count it in loa?

Boats that also have/ count platforms

OL, hustler, nor tech, power quest, sunsation, black thunder, scarab, formula, donzi, sonic, etc.

Performance should be the discussion, not how a 35 looks next to a pantera from a rear angle camera shot. Spend some time in one with a competent pilot and enjoy a great hull from a legend. The proof is in the performance, and overall it is hard to beat.

OP - go a head and purchase it, just because your buff buddies don't think you should. You can buy what they want you to buy and always wonder what if, or you can buy the fountain and you want and show them what's up be prepared to be hated haha.
Ron before you tell me to go spend time in a fountain remember that i rigged a 33 and a 35 and spent plenty of time behind the wheel of them.. first hand experiance here buddy not some guy spouting off about how good he heard something rode or drove. so i feel im entitled to compare them between the ride of all 3 of MY pantera boats. 2 singles and a twin big block. see you have a step hull 38 which is a whole different ball game. so where is your seat time and experiance in a non step hull 33 or 35 fountain?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]521724[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]521725[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 33/35 ride quality?-702.jpg   33/35 ride quality?-917.jpg  

Last edited by 88bullet; 04-08-2014 at 02:05 PM.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

are you suggesting they are comparable in ride quality? 28 Pantera in any configuration vs 33/35 Fountain

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.