Ran my 35 EX Today >

Ran my 35 EX Today

Notices

Ran my 35 EX Today

Old 05-17-2014, 07:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ran my 35 EX Today

Ran my new to me boat for the first time excluding sea trial today. Couple of questions

Depth finder does not work I have not even seen if there is power to it, hints on where to look to find the problem. Do the gauges (Livorsi) go bad?

Fuel gauges for the most part always stay full, thats probably the sending units as it both tanks, thoughts.

Both engines run between 160-180 but water pressure is different, starboard is 25 psi at WOT Port is 20 psi. Port is only 5 at idle, starbord is 10. Engines don't run hot so thinking its a sending unit. Both pumps new impellers.

Thanks
Old 05-17-2014, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fountain fuel gauges always on full when they start to move you are low when the light comes on prey
Old 05-17-2014, 09:31 PM
Registered

You know thats exactly what happened. They started to bounce a little, I have never run the boat so thought I would top them off......120 gallons later.
Old 05-17-2014, 09:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sender for the depth finder should be under the cabin step, behind the white cap. Usually epoxied down
Old 05-17-2014, 10:40 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

When were impellers changed? For piece of mind, I changed mine after my first season. But, it only had 12 hours on new motors that dealer installed. They had supposedly just changed them when they winterized it.

So, when I did, I back flushed just to be safe and a big chunk of impeller came out my P motor!

I would change all motor oil, drive oil, impellers so you know what you have starting off.

You could prob jump power off something that is jot to test gauge just to make sure it's just not getting power or at least test switch.

Good luck!
Old 05-17-2014, 11:28 PM
Registered

Oil, drive oil and impellers were just done. Going to pull the pickups at the transom to make sure they are clear. Probably the sending units as the gauges do move a little just not full sweep. its like 7/8 of a tank is empty.
Old 05-18-2014, 07:39 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Not sure if I would be concerned with the water pressure difference. Common oversight when winterizing to not disconnect the supply lines for water pressure gauges at each end and blow out the lines, and drain the gauges of water. They freeze during winter and calibration of gauge gets skewed.

More important question- was the maiden voyage fun and how did it feel to you ?
Old 05-18-2014, 02:18 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

I forgot about this part, but did you have the boat surveyed?? They would have tested all the accessories??
Old 05-18-2014, 06:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Kelly O
Not sure if I would be concerned with the water pressure difference. Common oversight when winterizing to not disconnect the supply lines for water pressure gauges at each end and blow out the lines, and drain the gauges of water. They freeze during winter and calibration of gauge gets skewed.

More important question- was the maiden voyage fun and how did it feel to you ?
I had run her once before on the sea trial, but its definatly different. Boat turns way better and handles some chop better than my 292. Its a little different docking, kinda supprised me. Both I guess because of lenth and a higher x dim. than my old boat. Does not turn with the engines as easy, but I am getting used to it.

Thanks for the info on the gauges, I want to check the transom pickups just so I know, and I might just order two Hardin Marine pumps.
Old 05-18-2014, 06:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by nailit
I forgot about this part, but did you have the boat surveyed?? They would have tested all the accessories??
Yes it was surveyed, but I was more concerned about structual, stringers etc.Surveyor did not water test the boat,I did gauge had difference then but thought the impeller was worn. As for fuel gauge, its a common problem from what I am told. Friend is getting me different sending units.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.