gps speedometer >

gps speedometer

Notices

gps speedometer

Old 07-01-2014, 02:53 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default gps speedometer

Trying to figure out what to do about non working speedo. I am almost sure it is a dead battery in antenna.

I guess my options are try to replace battery myself and hope it works or replace the gauge and antenna with a new one.

How do you access the gauges on a 27' fever? Remove the whole dash panel?

I know this has been beat to death, I have read many threads on this subject.

I think I will try to replace the battery first, but I am wondering how to get the antenna unplugged to get it out and take to a battery store to have the new battery soldered in.
Old 07-01-2014, 03:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tried to replace the batter in my livorsi antenna and it didn't work. Livorsi makes two styles of antennas now, five year battery and lifetime. I ended not replacing my antenna and connecting to my Garman GPS/Chartplotter. I'm thinking you will have to remove the dash to remove the antenna, but you might be able to pry it off the dash carefully. I think mine was just silicone down. Good luck.
Old 07-01-2014, 07:06 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If it is a Livorsi speedo, based on the year of your boat in your sig, the antenna battery is shot and cannot be replaced. You have to replace the gauge and antenna. The gauges come out from behind the dash panel, you do not need to remove the dash to do so. There is a retaining bracket that holds the gauge to the back of the panel that is fastened with two nuts. Very easy to remove. If you buy a new Livorsi speedo, you do not need to mount the antenna on the top of the dash, you can put it underneath.
Old 07-01-2014, 07:38 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The dealer was able to replace the battery on my 2006 Fountain Livorsi GPS Speedo. It was still working but 5 years old. I was charged $300.00. For what it's worth...
Old 07-02-2014, 06:02 AM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts

You don't have to replace the gauge, I don't have a chart plotter so I just purchased a garmin GPS antenna and hooked it to that.

Works great.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:54 AM
Registered

You can access it under the dash you don't have to remove the panel. You just buy the antenna. Mine was around 300.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:03 AM
Registered

I went to the lake last night and what do you know the gauges are easily accessible from underneath and my head unit has three ring terminals instead of the square three prong plug, which is usually the death sentence for the head unit.

The previous owner may have replaced the head unit because it is the only gauge that doesn't have Fountain printed on the dial.

I was going to try to replace the battery but Livorsi told me that it would need a reboot after the battery replacement, but it looks like the new antennas will work with my head unit. I hope so because Livorsi no longer replaces batteries or performs reboots.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:19 AM
Registered

$283.00 for the new antenna without a battery>>>>OUCH. Wildman how much was that Garmin antenna? I was told any 0183 format will work.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts

When I get home tonight I might be able to look up the one I bought, I think it was about $90 from GPS city.