Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
my  last project is for sale if anyone interested in a sweet ass boat ... >

my last project is for sale if anyone interested in a sweet ass boat ...

Notices

my last project is for sale if anyone interested in a sweet ass boat ...

Old 11-04-2014, 04:26 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well it would be a favorite for sure . thats one bad ass boat ,, blower motors just scare the chit out of me .. i love that fountain . for sure .
Old 11-04-2014, 04:29 AM
Registered

um you said thirty grand no matter what .. i beieve thats were the nerve was touched .. yes show me youre choices . do youre research . 60 to 65 k long way from thirty ... long way ... like set of motors . just saying or little more than one of my pfaffs .. actually
Old 11-04-2014, 05:27 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

I was scared of blower motors too until Meeting people with them. Friend of mine has a 42 straight bottom with blown 454s. Boat runs like a champ. Bottom ends have never been out of the boat. Top ends have been redone and he did a Madera cam and lifters. Boat starts easy. Idles nice. He just took it to key west 147 miles one way with no issues. Add in guys like mild thunder and icdedpeeeple and the motors are running good.

I think blower motors got a bad rap from people bolting em on and not doing proper tuning to insure reliability.
Old 11-04-2014, 08:18 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by daddy
I'm not going to search for boats to post. there are plenty of choices out there for the same money you want for your boat. all you have to do is a simple search to find a boat 15 years newer than yours for the same money. what did pier 57 offer you?

So why are you bashing Rob just because he wants $65k for his beautiful newly rebuilt Fountain.,with all the best parts he could buy.
You can find lots of boats newer for same money, , big deal, that doesn't mean are are as nice, or nice at all, just newer, and you don't know how the previous couple of owners took care of them, so many times you get to spend more money on many of them just to make them right,
Old 11-04-2014, 08:55 AM
Registered

I'm not going to search for boats to post. there are plenty of choices out there for the same money you want for your boat. all you have to do is a simple search to find a boat 15 years newer than yours for the same money. what did pier 57 offer you?
You're the one spouting off about 30 g boat , you've been called out. Show us. Oh yea you can't quick to act like you know something , we all know you ****ed up with that idiot statement
Old 11-04-2014, 10:00 AM
Registered

Received 157 Likes on 70 Posts

your beautiful 1989 fountain is worth about $30,000, no matter what is done to it. That is just the hard truth. If you can get someone to pay $50,000 for it, that would be awesome.
Wow, this is a crazy statement, and wrong. I sold a bullet last year as well, not the one mentioned in this thread, and I got 53k for it. It took 3 weeks to sell and I was asking 55k. The boat was perfect, probably nicer than my 04 top gun. People will pay for nice boats, no matter what year they are. Just because some clown sold an older 35 fountain piece of chit on Craigslist doesn't mean that's what this one is worth. You always get what you pay for. You can pay up front or you can pay along the way. I've done it both ways, and either way your going to pay.
Old 11-04-2014, 02:30 PM
Registered

Received 736 Likes on 331 Posts

There is only one person that knows what this boat is worth besides the owner, the person that buys it. The owner has a price and you can disagree, speculate, compare or step up and be the next owner. To me the boat is an exception to rule regarding age and price. I think it's a fair asking price.
Old 11-04-2014, 02:46 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sure is a beautiful boat. Stored on trailer, cradle or slings? Sorry for confusion 35 or 33? Thanks.
Old 11-04-2014, 02:48 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
Your new rig has always been one of my favorite Fountains. Tried to get my brother to pull the trigger on it. Enjoy it. Tom
Tom that beautiful boat would sing on Lake Conroe. Somebody down here gotta buy it for the figures being discussed. Sell it to Jeff or Joe.
Old 11-04-2014, 03:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$65,000 for a 1989...1989 30 foot fountain!!!! The market must be booming. If I remember correctly, Hulk Hogan had an older model scarab for sale (all redone like yours) and he wanted big money. Everyone on here flamed him for wanting so much cash... and that boat had celebrity appeal. I guess one of your "friends" on here should pony up the cash for your fountain. I think your boat looks good and probably runs good, but trying to justify $65K for a fountain boat built in the 80's is laughable.

Last edited by daddy; 11-04-2014 at 03:16 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.