School the Prospective Buyer... 38 Lightning vs 42 Lightning

Old 05-08-2015, 12:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you Jmoore, I appreciate it!
Old 05-08-2015, 05:47 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a 37 OL (which is almost the same size and can use the same Myco trailer), the trailer with a drive guard is just under 45'. I mention the drive guard because my props are close to the end of the drive guard, although these are 6's and are a little longer than bravos if you're running bravos. I believe my 46 Cig on the fifth wheel Myco with a drive guard is right around 55', so a 42 Fountain is definitely less than 50' on a standard trailer. A 42 on a fifth wheel trailer would even likely be a little under 50', so if you have 50'+ I'd say you're covered with room to walk around the boat.
Old 05-09-2015, 07:16 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Absolutely love my "old school" 91 non step 42. You can set a martini glass on the dash while passing boats that are getting the **** pounded out of them. Currently repowering it with (3) n/a 548's with 675-680hp apiece. It ran low to mid 80's with the previous 560hp 502's, hoping to run 90 with the new power. I never use the cabin as I have a camp here on the St. Lawrence River but the reason I bought a 42 was for the ride. Lots of boat and freighter traffic up here and there is nothing this river can throw at this thing to slow it down (except the damn coast guard and river cops).