Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Towing with Ford Excursion V10 >

Towing with Ford Excursion V10

Notices

Towing with Ford Excursion V10

Old 05-11-2015, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I just bought a mint 03 Excursion V10 last August to tow my 32 Fever. I know the 32 is much lighter but it tows like there is nothing behind me. Although I knew the V!0 would be a gas hog I went with that instead of the diesel as I didn't want the extra large diesel oil changes or the diesel in the subzero winters here as I drive it in the winter.
Old 05-12-2015, 05:26 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Tow my Baja 34 CC on a tri axle Eagle with the 7.3 Excursion.....tows like a dream.....had a F350 dually before the excursion....2 wd....won't do that again
Old 05-12-2015, 09:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 38 lightning and pull it with a 11 f350 dually. I also just sold a 00 v10 excursion that was a extra vehicle. After driving the ex for a few months and never towing with it, I don't think I would attempt to try to pull it on a long trip. Couple miles to the boat ramp maybe but thats it. Stock, the older excursions drive like sh!!. You can add air bags, rear sway bar, super duty rear springs but with that kind of weight it would be a hairy ride! I tried to weigh mine at one point but the scale was acting up. I would assume they are around 13-14k loaded with a trailer. O, and horrible fuel mileage! The transmissions are weak in those too. Another thing to consider.
Old 05-12-2015, 09:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just sold mine with 104K miles for $8K. pulled my 42 with a little strain but with air bags on the rear it did just fine.
Old 05-12-2015, 05:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an '01 7.3. It WILL be my last truck. There is nothing out there that is better. When I get some $$$ together my plan is to make it into a duallie. Did that with my '99 Suburban. ****ing awesome looking. Suburban was a little weak. Boat and trailer is 12K. At 70 MPH it doesn't even realize something is behind it. Car trailer loaded is 10K. Straight as an arrow for both. When the load is situated correctly I get NO tail waggin the dog.