Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Is fountain still building performance boats? >

Is fountain still building performance boats?

Notices

Is fountain still building performance boats?

Old 08-03-2015, 07:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is fountain still building performance boats?

I know they still have a web site and I could have them build a performance boat if I have the money. But when was the last time they built a performance boat. I never see anything newer than 2012 for sale or people talking about.
Old 08-03-2015, 08:48 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

I'd have a guess they're only building to order. Order anything and they'll get straight onto it but as for building stock or demo boats, how many manufacturers are doing that? (Only a couple) Would be great to see a busy network of dealers with new boats in the showroom and a backlog of orders but I think im dreaming!

Only obvious exception is their announcement of a 29 underway to be shown at Fort Lauderdale boat show. That might help raise the interest in the more affordable smaller go fast boats.

RR
Old 08-04-2015, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 430 Likes on 207 Posts

My guess would be they have not built any in years. Case in point...anytime they build a new boat at that plant they start madly posting pictures and alerts on their social media pages (like Facebook). They never let a Donzi 22 go out the door without posting updates from build to delivery. Pictures they have posted of the production floor show mostly Pro-Line's with the occasional Donzi Classic. Plus any public displays they have put up never have any Fountains. So, I have to imagine if they had actually produced a Fountain it would be big news to post for their marketing team.

The ghost of Reggie haunts that place I'm afraid. Not sure what it will take to get someone to bite. Maybe someone will step up and get the refreshed 29 when it makes the boat show circuit.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:41 AM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

When I visited the factory in Dec to test my boat they had quite a few boats on the production line. No Fountains though.
Attached Thumbnails Is fountain still building performance boats?-zrc-fountain-factory-044.jpg   Is fountain still building performance boats?-zrc-fountain-factory-050.jpg   Is fountain still building performance boats?-zrc-fountain-factory-045.jpg  

Is fountain still building performance boats?-zrc-fountain-factory-049.jpg  
Old 08-04-2015, 09:59 AM
Registered

Received 430 Likes on 207 Posts

"No Fountains though"....that's what I suspected.

The current owners of the Fountain "brand" might have to drop the name and try reinvent a new life for the molds/designs. Or it will take a new singular owner to bring life back to the brand like Skip Braver did with Cigarette.
Old 08-04-2015, 10:26 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Unfortunately, I think the sun has set on the Fountain brand as far as new boats are concerned, as much as that pains me to say. I don't know anyone that would pay the price tag on a build-to-order Fountain sport boat at this point. Fountain is just not the same without Reggie.
Old 08-04-2015, 03:26 PM
Registered

I agree with all the posts, but your unlikely to find anything newer than a 2012. With the cost of boats even for the wealthy, it's unlikely they would unload a boat a couple of years old. There aren't many boats out there that new from any manufacturer for sale. It would be very interesting to know if they have built any. There is a thread of a 2011 29' with a 600, but I've asked a couple of times for him to post a pic and hasn't yet.
Old 08-04-2015, 07:49 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

They have built a few cc's more recently. There are a couple of threads on THT about a lovely 34 two years ago and also a 38 to a long time Fountain owner last year. Probably been a few more as well but I haven't seen anything in the sports boat line.

As Feverz29 said above, I think we'd all like to see a couple of photos of the 2011 model. The OP on that thread has gone pretty quiet..........

For me, Reggie or no Reggie, I'd buy one if I had the spare cash. It's still the renowned design and with all the improvements in production techniques in the last few years, a 2016 is probably better than the 2011 was. The engines are all improved too (according to Mercury).

RR
Old 08-04-2015, 07:53 PM
Registered

Marginmn love your ride. Bad ars!!
Old 08-04-2015, 08:26 PM
Registered

The reason I asked performance boat is because on boattrader.com they have several 2015 CC boats and one 2012 lighting. Thanks for the insights guys.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.