Fountain hydraulic steering >

Fountain hydraulic steering

Notices

Fountain hydraulic steering

Old 08-20-2015, 12:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fountain hydraulic steering

Who made the "Fountain" hydraulic steering? Did Fountain or did they just OEM it from someone else?

The reason I ask is because I'm trying to close on a 2002 35 Lightning and the survey came back with "Mercury hydraulic steering". From pics all I can see is Fountain stickers on the tie bar and such. I just assumed it was Latham that actually made it. Not a deal breaker for me but I just wanted the report to be correct.
Old 08-20-2015, 12:27 PM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

I believe I had read here somewhere that Fountain made the cylinders that have the Fountain logo, inhouse. Newer model years say Latham and were Latham manufactured. Mine are same as yours.

If this is not true, somebody please correct me.

Originally Posted by tf2ttt
Who made the "Fountain" hydraulic steering? Did Fountain or did they just OEM it from someone else?

The reason I ask is because I'm trying to close on a 2002 35 Lightning and the survey came back with "Mercury hydraulic steering". From pics all I can see is Fountain stickers on the tie bar and such. I just assumed it was Latham that actually made it. Not a deal breaker for me but I just wanted the report to be correct.
Old 08-20-2015, 12:59 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Easy to tell .. The stuff made by fountain .. The res will be red .. If res is blue it's latham
Old 08-20-2015, 01:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by smokin' gun
Easy to tell .. The stuff made by fountain .. The res will be red .. If res is blue it's latham
Ah perfect that solves it, reservoir is red. Thanks!
Old 08-25-2015, 05:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by smokin' gun
Mmmm Now first, Mine is a 2000 and my starboard cylinder started to leak and after contacting Fountain they told me they where Latham and I have a red reservoir. By the way they have "Fountain" stickers on them.