Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Reversion problems with 47's with 525EFI's... >

Reversion problems with 47's with 525EFI's...

Notices

Reversion problems with 47's with 525EFI's...

Old 10-15-2015, 12:36 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 302Sport
No, what we are saying is that you weld the current holes closed and you relocate them on the outside wall so basically the water is spraying outside instead of inside the pipe. Or you can ad another bung on the outside at the end of the pipe and let the water dump from it (outside of the transom). The key is that the water is never sprayed anywhere inside the pipe, it all exits on the outside.
Got it. I understand what you're saying now. I will explore that with CMI..
Old 10-15-2015, 12:36 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by payuppsucker
But I'll tell you they are loud to the point of being annoying to some. Mine are 675 per side dry and I get smart ass comments on a regular basis when I'm docking at a restaurant/bar or at the ramp. When I shut the motors off it's usually a "thank you, damn now we can talk again" or something to that effect.
Some people just don't appreciate sweet music.
Old 10-15-2015, 01:09 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Let us know how things turn out. Are you still doing the Hudson Run this weekend?
Yessir...
Old 10-15-2015, 04:07 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
Ya & the Po PO love it too. Nice way to pick up an OWI
Old 10-15-2015, 04:56 PM
Registered

Received 394 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by HyFive578
Yessir...
So hopefully you can take a look up the tailpipe when you pull it out and see if it's still walking up the pipe after using your clearing procedure.
Old 10-15-2015, 05:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
It's almost obnoxious. I knelt down on the swim platform the other day with it idling and it rattles your teeth. Sometimes I like it, sometimes it can be a bit embarrassing depending on where we are and the setting. For instance we took it to dinner at Cobalts in Perdido Key a few weeks back which is a pretty nice place. Didn't feel too cool about pulling up and docking knowing everyone was going to have to stop their conversations until we shut em down. Other than times like that I like it.
Old 10-15-2015, 05:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bawana
Ya know the thing is I get a noise ticket in this the other day but they say nothing about my dry exhaust and this boat isn't even loud.
Old 10-15-2015, 05:42 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by Bawana
Not on Great Lakes waters! No speed limit, no sound limit. I don't drive drunk anyway. And you will NEVER hear a wise crack about being too loud at Brown's Bar (where we go to eat, not drink).

Last edited by thirdchildhood; 10-15-2015 at 05:45 PM.
Old 10-16-2015, 10:20 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

But I'll tell you they are loud to the point of being annoying to some. Mine are 675 per side dry and I get smart ass comments on a regular basis when I'm docking at a restaurant/bar or at the ramp. When I shut the motors off it's usually a "thank you, damn now we can talk again" or something to that effect.
Even with wet exhaust I've had applause at shut down.
What really bugs me are the diesel yachts idling the whole time while going through the locks. The fumes are horrible.
And, all the damn sailboat's rigging clanking all night while I'm trying to sleep.
Old 10-20-2015, 07:20 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

So hopefully you can take a look up the tailpipe when you pull it out and see if it's still walking up the pipe after using your clearing procedure.
So I did just that. When idling Saturday, I had the center engine in gear only at 1100 RPM and kept the back two engines in neutral and periodically revved them to clear the pipes. Checked them after hauling out and pipes where dry except I did see a few droplets near the end of the starboard outboard pipe. We'll see what happens next season but boat ran great.... I will be dropping the headers again after winterizing to see if I got any reversion this weekend...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.