metric boats >

metric boats

Notices

metric boats

Old 01-28-2016, 04:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default metric boats

Can someone point me toward getting some history on the Fountain metric hulls. As it turns out, this rejuvenation project is not a 35', but in fact a 10 meter so I'd like to be a bit more educated.

The rebuild starts this week..blocks are at the machine shop. Speed Pro rings arrived today, expect the JE package tomorrow. Merlin cast heads should be in beginning of next week.
Old 02-03-2016, 01:17 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Basically the 10 meter is a 35 sans platform. 12 meter is a 42 sans platform. Bottoms are the same until you get to the steps. Interiors were updated also.
Old 02-05-2016, 05:49 PM
Registered

Thanks. Managed to round up the original hull registration, build month, original owner and town where it was first splashed. I am lead to suspect from Florida, the boat went to Georgia and lived there for a few years. It was then sold and brought up here to Ontario Canada in '07. I know who the importing owner is also. I'll be writing snail mail letters to the previous owners so I don't appear to be a stalker to try and chase down a bit more history on this thing. The original name was "The Dirty Deeds"

Last edited by Pete35Fountain; 02-05-2016 at 05:52 PM.
Old 02-07-2016, 02:12 AM
Registered

Post pics
Old 02-07-2016, 09:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
Post pics
They're coming
Old 02-09-2016, 01:09 PM
Registered

So after some Sherlock Holmes style work...I've gotten this far. Boat was built March of 1989 and registered on FALship as a 34.9 foot Fountain with a hailing port of Clearwater Florida. Original Owner lives close by to that port. Searches for Fountain Performance Marine yeilded little, but I'm sure most of you know that. I did see a post showing pics of the FPM sign with a phone number so I called that number and got Jim-Bob's voice mail. Didn't leave a message. Another article mentions a performance marine facility in Illinois that once was the largest Fountain dealer so I contacted them and spoke to a gentleman who was knowledgable and helpful. He ran my hull number to reveal the boat is a 10 meter with the platform. The build period suggests that this is one of the transition hulls from 10 meter to 32 Fever hull. I'm also told that there was some custom design involved in this hull also, but I get that info 3rd, 4th or maybe even 5th hand. I'm fairly new to boating and particularly Fountains so all this I'm still digging into. It does fascinate me though. The boat is getting a full wet sand polish with some minor changes to paint scheme, keeping it as close to original as possible with updates. A pair of 502's, Wiseco pistons, Compcams, Merlin cast heads with Stainless Marine manifolds are being built and dropped into it. Should be a hair over 500 hp each pushing through a pair of Bravo X1's. Interior is in good shape so it's staying as is with a good clean-up. Just have to put the cabin back together. New gauges going into a freshly painted gauge panel is the extent of the work this year. Start of work has been pushed back some so the boat is still under winter wrapping, but engine work has been started. Pics will come once we get it unwrapped.
As stated this stuff fascinates me so I'll be sharing as the work and info progresses. Have a great day.
Old 02-09-2016, 01:13 PM
Registered

The 10 meter became the 35 with the platform. Not the 32. In 1991 I think it became law for every single manufacturer to include molded platforms and pulpits into the loa. Hence the 2ft. Bolt on stuff still was not included just molded on.
Old 02-09-2016, 02:53 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
The 10 meter became the 35 with the platform. Not the 32. In 1991 I think it became law for every single manufacturer to include molded platforms and pulpits into the loa. Hence the 2ft. Bolt on stuff still was not included just molded on.
+1
Old 02-09-2016, 06:36 PM
Registered

Thanks...all part of the learning and sorting out of info provided. appreciate it.
Old 03-10-2016, 02:52 PM
Registered

Default as I got it...

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

More pics will comes it progresses.
the stripes and new windscreen will be painted to match the big truck, little truck and bike...
[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
will try and get pics of the engine builds later on.

Last edited by Pete35Fountain; 03-10-2016 at 03:02 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.