Water Tank >

Water Tank

Notices

Water Tank

Old 04-14-2016, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water Tank

Have any of you removed your water tank to create move storage? I have a 29' and I have never used the sink, so I am thinking about pulling the water tank out and storing a bbq there.
Old 04-15-2016, 12:52 PM
Registered

I took mine out of my old 32. I also took out the sink, built in cooler, & the overhead piece where the stereo head unit was. Had a buddy that does custom interior work build a new storage cabinet and a spot to drop a plastic cooler in. Like you see in a lot of west coast boats. Worked out great.
Old 04-16-2016, 12:09 AM
Registered

Nice! Do you have any pics?
Old 04-23-2016, 04:27 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would like to see that also
Old 04-23-2016, 06:34 AM
Registered

I pulled the water tank on the 35 last spring when changing spark plugs. Way better access to outboard side of the engine . Not putting it back in. Thinking about losing the holding tank on the other side and going to a portable toilet in the head next. I'm all about access for maintenance.
Old 04-25-2016, 08:27 PM
Registered

In the hurried up process to get it done to boat I never did take any pictures. Then I sold it just as quick. Lol. Basically we stripped that useless cooler sink area top and bottom. Built a little well where the cooler could sit that went all the way to where the little couch piece was. Right where the door opening was we built a little bump out that the head unit went in then mounted the amps on the outside above and below the head unit. Turned out really cool. Had to put in a new little headliner piece too. But it looked factory since the headliner is built out of so many different pieces. The setup cleared up some much needed space in a really cramped boat.