38 fever dimensions >

38 fever dimensions

Notices

38 fever dimensions

Old 05-03-2016, 07:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 38 fever dimensions

Sorry if this is redundant but I couldn't find anything yet. Im trying to find a few measurements, specifically the couch length and the headroom. Nothing against them at all but looking to migrate from a Formula to a Fountain. On the off chance the boys stay the night on the boat with us some weekend, im wondering where we will all sleep. Me, wife, plus 2 boys ages 18 and 8. We are looking at 2000ish 38 fevers.
Old 05-04-2016, 03:59 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am 5'8, and I have to bend over in my 38 fever. I can throw a tape on it next time I have the cover off it. I looked at a 336sr1 formula before buying my fountain, IIRC you have more head room than the fountain. My 38 fever is the older style with the side by side couches not the U shaped one. My 7 year old is 4'2 and he was uncomfortable sleeping on the couch last year (we also sleep on it 3 nights a week). What i ended up doing was I pulled the couches out, and screwed in a sheet of plywood from one side to the other, screwed the couches back in and packed 2 dog beds in the gap between (we were on a 2 week vacation and needed something quick, laugh all ya want) Basically turned the 2 couches into one bed. We are actually talking about taking the couches out completely and having one large cushion made to convert it to one large bed.

I have slept on the couches before, It didnt seem too bad, but I dont recommend doing of often, as my sleeping was a little alcohol induced. I do sleep out on the rear bench often under the stars or the cover.
Good luck

Last edited by halfgassed; 05-04-2016 at 04:02 PM.
Old 05-05-2016, 06:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks! This is what I was worried about but pictures can be deceiving. My initial thoughts were putting the 5'10" 18 year old on the floor and the 8 year old on the couch. Im definitely not going to appreciate less room. The speed and ride are # 1 on my list but everyone else in the family wants to be comfy.