I hate to ask another windshield cutting question >

I hate to ask another windshield cutting question

Notices

I hate to ask another windshield cutting question

Old 05-31-2016, 12:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I hate to ask another windshield cutting question

Again I hate to ask another question about cutting down a Fountain windshield. But every thread I have seen talks about the windshields with the top metal frame wrapped all the way around the windshield. Well mine is a 2000 35 with the dark winshield and just the center post and the two flat side panels with braces at the front corners. The two windshield halves in the front curve up at the top about 3 - 4 inchs. Well with the age of the winshield I have those fine lines running thru the windshield from age and stress. It has become hard to see thru it and beside I have to stretch my neck to see over it anyway. So can anyone tell me with 100% accuracy what my windshield is made of. I would not have any issue with clamping a jig of some kind across the top of the windshield and using a cutting wheel to take off about three inches if I knew it was Lexan. The last thing I want to do is crack it or shatter it. Thanks

Last edited by fordf350; 05-31-2016 at 12:35 PM.
Old 06-02-2016, 07:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes they are plastic. Use a cut off wheel an you will be fine. I cut one down on a 2000 35, and replaced one on a 09 38 express.