Bilge pump switch questions...

Notices

Bilge pump switch questions...

Old 06-22-2016, 09:08 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 949 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by FIVEPTOHH
yes my pumps appear to be original. and they do have 3 wires going to them. They do not automatically start up if I fill the bilge with water though. If I flip the switch they both work great. just hate having to flip the switch
If the pumps work with the switch but not with the floats then there's the issue....either the power is not going to the float......trace back the float wires....one will go to the hot side of the switch...the other will go to power. may be as simple as a blown fuse although they should be hard wired tot he battery.....if power checks out then get a multi-meter and check to see if the float is making a contact inside and actually sending power to the pump...if not then you need to change to new floats....itf it does send power out then you probably have a bad connection on the bilge pump wire.

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!