Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
How do you get to the sending unit on a 2005 27? >

How do you get to the sending unit on a 2005 27?

Notices

How do you get to the sending unit on a 2005 27?

Old 07-13-2016, 04:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MRALLEN
Yup, the livorsi tube one is what I just put in my 32 fever. Works great, better then the stock one.
I have a 2005 32 Fever. My gauge never reads full. Even when I have gas spewing all over the side of the boat filling it up. Then after about 75 miles the empty light starts blinking at me. This sucks because I know in my head that it's not empty but my heart says STOP! I never use more than 60 gallons in a weekend, so with a 130 gallon tank that means I'm packing around 70 gallons of extra weight all the time. I'd rather run on the bottom half of the tank. My boat has Livosy guages, do you think I can adjust it or can I get a new sender and fix the problem?
Old 07-13-2016, 08:01 PM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts

I was told by fountain my 2000 32 is a 115 gallon tank. The only way you can ever come close to full is when it is sitting in the water with the front up.

That said this weekend when on plane mine was reading just past full. Went south and wanted to put some gas in before we headed back but all were closed so I gave it a shot. Just as I was coming off plane the tank was reading just under a 1/4 and the time it took to go from 1/2 to there was about 10min at 60.

Made the 30-35 min idle on Home to my lift. I need to get some cans of gas to put in as I doubt I have enough to even make it to the marina.
Old 07-14-2016, 12:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
I was told by fountain my 2000 32 is a 115 gallon tank. The only way you can ever come close to full is when it is sitting in the water with the front up.

That said this weekend when on plane mine was reading just past full. Went south and wanted to put some gas in before we headed back but all were closed so I gave it a shot. Just as I was coming off plane the tank was reading just under a 1/4 and the time it took to go from 1/2 to there was about 10min at 60.

Made the 30-35 min idle on Home to my lift. I need to get some cans of gas to put in as I doubt I have enough to even make it to the marina.
I opened up the cover under the seat today and saw on the tank 114 gal, not sure where I read it was 130. So that solves a little of the problem. The fact you say it won't get full on the trailer sounds right too. The tank looks like it slopes towards the front a little while on the trailer and the fill is in the front and sender is in the back. So I need to think of it more as a 100 gallon tank. So now it must be reading empty with about 35 in the tank rather than 65. That is more reasonable. I messed with the adjusting screws and it seems like I could dial it right in if I knew for sure how much was in the tank right now. I'm guessing 35 so I think I will raise the hitch up to replicate sitting in the water and set it at 1/4 tank. That should leave me 5 or 10 gallons when it reads empty. Then I'll fill it up on the way to the lake and after I drop it in the water I'll mess with the dial to set the gauge at full.
Old 07-14-2016, 08:41 AM
Registered

Yes they should be able to accurately be adjusted. Just takes a good working gauge and proper sender and a little adjustment. Save yourself the headache of not knowing how much fuel you have. That would drive me nuts. I'd fix that right away. Have a good weekend folks