Blige Pump advice >

Blige Pump advice

Notices

Blige Pump advice

Old 04-24-2017, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blige Pump advice

I have both Motors out of my 32 fever and trying to decide what to do as far as bilge pumps if I should replace the originals or leave them be as they seem to work fine (in that case they'll fail the first time out this year). I dont really like the new rule's that cycle on every 2 minutes as the boat sits in my shop year round with the batteries on and they don't need to run all the time.
Old 04-24-2017, 09:04 PM
Registered

Received 1,329 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by T_traylor1
I have both Motors out of my 32 fever and trying to decide what to do as far as bilge pumps if I should replace the originals or leave them be as they seem to work fine (in that case they'll fail the first time out this year). I dont really like the new rule's that cycle on every 2 minutes as the boat sits in my shop year round with the batteries on and they don't need to run all the time.
Just to let you know I have the new rules and the way they are wired in a fever doesn't matter if the battery switch is on or off, they still cycle. When we were putting everything back together I didn't have shore power plugged in for a few weeks and the battery voltage was fine.

That said after about two months only one cycles on and off, the other only works with the switch.

I call POS
Old 04-24-2017, 09:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
Just to let you know I have the new rules and the way they are wired in a fever doesn't matter if the battery switch is on or off, they still cycle. When we were putting everything back together I didn't have shore power plugged in for a few weeks and the battery voltage was fine.

That said after about two months only one cycles on and off, the other only works with the switch.

I call POS
thats kinda why I'm afraid of them is they come on and cycle 720 times a day and theres no need to that especially considering that you can't get to them with the motors in.
Old 05-02-2017, 12:08 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Use a reciprocating pump with a remote pickup tube and strainer. You can then put the tube and pickup strainer anywhere you want. Hold it down with mag wheel weights wrapped around the end of the tube.
Old 05-02-2017, 08:25 PM
Registered

I say leave them. My 1997 32 fever has two pumps and they are both still working (original). I also had both motors out at one time too. I did change the bilge blowers out though when motors where out. Well I guess if you slip your boat, then new pumps are a given,
Old 05-03-2017, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Both mine failed at 10 years old. I have a single engine boat and it was almost impossible to change.