525 EFI oil temp sender ???? >

525 EFI oil temp sender ????

Notices

525 EFI oil temp sender ????

Old 09-12-2017, 06:45 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts
Default 525 EFI oil temp sender ????

2006 Fountain with 525 EFI's, where are the oil temp sensors / senders located???
Have been all over the Bam part site and can not find them. Any help appreciated, Thanks!
Old 09-12-2017, 07:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Genuine Mercury & Mercruiser parts. Electrical Components(Serial # 0K000012 Thru 0L415623). Check # 20. It's most likely in block screwed into an oil gallery. Not sure if this is your engine, but most likely the same sender
Old 09-13-2017, 08:25 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Rear left side of the block
Old 09-14-2017, 06:46 PM
Registered

Clustergear and Hyfive thanks for the response. I looked on the left rear and it is on mofo of a cluster of wire harness. It may be there but I can't see it, though it would help if I knew wtf it looked like. I did find wires that said "oil" so I may have been close. Pulled hoses off and hooked up the flush deal, no big deal there a few little pieces of aquatic greenery, likely not the problem. O well going to put it in this weekend, take the digital heat gun and see if I can sort this out.

Good part is the new XR's were flawless! Cluster did tell me that Merc does a pretty good job, not as good as he does, but close. :-)
Old 09-15-2017, 10:04 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Clustergear
Genuine Mercury & Mercruiser parts. Electrical Components(Serial # 0K000012 Thru 0L415623). Check # 20. It's most likely in block screwed into an oil gallery. Not sure if this is your engine, but most likely the same sender
That's for a 525 SC totally different engine than what the OP has.
Old 09-15-2017, 10:06 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
Clustergear and Hyfive thanks for the response. I looked on the left rear and it is on mofo of a cluster of wire harness. It may be there but I can't see it, though it would help if I knew wtf it looked like. I did find wires that said "oil" so I may have been close. Pulled hoses off and hooked up the flush deal, no big deal there a few little pieces of aquatic greenery, likely not the problem. O well going to put it in this weekend, take the digital heat gun and see if I can sort this out.

Good part is the new XR's were flawless! Cluster did tell me that Merc does a pretty good job, not as good as he does, but close. :-)
Gave it to you already days ago --- the exact location and part number and diagram in your other post. Almost thru it in your lap.
Old 09-15-2017, 06:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BUP
Gave it to you already days ago --- the exact location and part number and diagram in your other post. Almost thru it in your lap.
Well my lap did not make the connection between the location on the page and the fact they called it the coolant temp sender rather than the oil temp sender. On a further look see I does look to be just above the block oil filter pad, would seem it would be it. I was also going off a comment, on a different post I made, from an individual that has trip 525's, one would think, but might be my misinterpretation of his description of where it is located. I'll find out tomorrow if the senders are right or faulty.

On a side note, if they are down there it is one real stupid location, if you assume the engine will be installed in a limited space. Could have been up on the filter housing.

Thanks for the help, even if it took a while for the help to sink in.
Old 09-16-2017, 06:54 PM
Registered

Update here,

Ran the boat all day today, Early AM was an alarm fest, all vitals were spot on but still the alarm would still sound at times, !000 Island Poker run today and got hooked up with a few Fountains for some midday fun running from Brockville to Alex Bay. Must have been what the doctor ordered, no more alarms rest of the day. Must be that Reggie magic, self healing powerboats.