42 Fountain - got freedom >

42 Fountain - got freedom

Notices

42 Fountain - got freedom

Old 06-22-2018, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ALL_IN!
It has quite a few upgrades that should make it relatively bulletproof. Mike is a smart dude too (we've chatted 42's several times). We looked at it when we were shopping - it has a very glossy finish to it. Based on the little I do know about Mike, I'd guess this is one of the better setups on the market right now. ...and it appears to be really fast for a 42/700 boat.

He's on OSO - give him a shout.
Thank you ALL_IN!, I blew three NXT transmissions in the the first year I owned the boat, which is why I did the Huber upgrade that Winter. I haven't had a single transmission issue since, but even with doing all the work myself it still cost more than $25K to do the upgrade. Every person I know with a 700SCi/NXT boat has had transmission issues and it gets expensive very quickly. Installing DriveGuardians solved the problem of pitted upper gears and ever since it's basically been routine maintenance. I had a 1999 42' Lightning before this one and I thought it rode well but there's no comparison, especially in rough water and in hard turns. I rarely run the Whipple blower pulleys because it runs 105MPH without them and that's been good enough for most of the running we do.

GF?
Old 07-07-2018, 09:42 AM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Easily the nicest and most sorted out 42 on the market. If you have the funding, grab it !!!
Old 07-07-2018, 12:54 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Sweet boat and very nicely set up!

Padraig
Old 07-09-2018, 07:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice boat , seems like no matter what upgrades a person has done to theyre boat this market is tough for selling , thought about putting mine up for sale but seems like nothing is moving .
Old 07-22-2018, 05:45 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 575cat
Very nice boat , seems like no matter what upgrades a person has done to theyre boat this market is tough for selling , thought about putting mine up for sale but seems like nothing is moving .
We are having a hard time keeping good, clean used boats in stock. They are moving pretty good right now and have been this year.
Old 07-22-2018, 05:57 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Got Freedom?
Thank you ALL_IN!, I blew three NXT transmissions in the the first year I owned the boat, which is why I did the Huber upgrade that Winter. I haven't had a single transmission issue since, but even with doing all the work myself it still cost more than $25K to do the upgrade. Every person I know with a 700SCi/NXT boat has had transmission issues and it gets expensive very quickly. Installing DriveGuardians solved the problem of pitted upper gears and ever since it's basically been routine maintenance. I had a 1999 42' Lightning before this one and I thought it rode well but there's no comparison, especially in rough water and in hard turns. I rarely run the Whipple blower pulleys because it runs 105MPH without them and that's been good enough for most of the running we do.

GF?
Very nice boat, good luck with the sale.

I have a 38 with the Drive Guardians in it that were installed at Keith Holmes I'm told, been very nice piece for us. I didn't know you designed them. Good info.
Old 07-24-2018, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by eddie
Very nice boat, good luck with the sale.

I have a 38 with the Drive Guardians in it that were installed at Keith Holmes I'm told, been very nice piece for us. I didn't know you designed them. Good info.
Thank you! CK was our very first dealer...RIP Keith Holmes

GF?