What are you updating/upgrading? >

What are you updating/upgrading?

Notices

What are you updating/upgrading?

Old 12-02-2018, 09:21 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by VoodooRob
For everyone replacing cabin carpet, what brand and type of carpet are you using? Is it glued in place? Do you need to pull the cabinetry out? Been looking at changing for a couple of years and always find an excuse to not do it.
I’m going to use Corinthian. They did a lot of the original stuff. No templates for cabins but I had them send out samples and they have a nice plush blue I’m going to use. The carpet definitely goes under the cabinets. I’m sure it could be spliced to work but I will remove cabinets and benches. Also gonna use glue down. Debating on if the cabin floor will be carpet or marine mat
Old 12-17-2018, 06:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was thinking about doing the rub rail on my boat, and not just the runner strip down the middle. Unfortunately there are a few good gouges in the hard plastic, top and bottom. Anyone have any advice? I was thinking about calling fountain to see if they come pre- fabed to my length boat. I’m sure they don’t give it away either.
Old 12-17-2018, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by 29Fever01
I was thinking about doing the rub rail on my boat, and not just the runner strip down the middle. Unfortunately there are a few good gouges in the hard plastic, top and bottom. Anyone have any advice? I was thinking about calling fountain to see if they come pre- fabed to my length boat. I’m sure they don’t give it away either.
V21-9602WHA20D is the taco marine rub rail that matches my 99 32 Fountain. If you don’t have the stainless insert, that should be it for you also. Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m not sure Fountain carries parts for older boats anymore. Taco Marine is not a dealer so I found out West Marine can get it. $183.50 for a 20’ piece. They are rigid so they ship freight and it’s expensice. Find a West Marine Store and pick it up there. You have to heat and bend it to your boat.

I gouged a section during poker run and was going to replace it. I realized my boat is really nice but it’s also old... Rather spend the money somewhere else. Ended up sanding down the bad spots and replaced a section of the insert.

Old 12-18-2018, 06:01 AM
Registered

I just put the White with stainless insert on mine. The rubrail came in a 60ft roll and the longest stainless I could find was 12ft. Worth the money and effort. Rubrails.com has it or can get it I think. I got mine through land n sea
Old 12-18-2018, 07:15 AM
Registered

Thanks for the info guys. $183 is expensive, but actually sounds much cheaper than what I was thinking (B.O.A.T.). I may be able to get away with just the one 20ft section for one side, and then just do the full rubber strip in the whole boat. Mine has the white strip which I like. Do you guys have any pics of your boats with the chrome insert? Like an older 27-32ft fever? My boat is an 01 with the older windshield and painted black sides. I am open to changing if I think it would look better.
Old 12-18-2018, 07:03 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by 29Fever01
Thanks for the info guys. $183 is expensive, but actually sounds much cheaper than what I was thinking (B.O.A.T.). I may be able to get away with just the one 20ft section for one side, and then just do the full rubber strip in the whole boat. Mine has the white strip which I like. Do you guys have any pics of your boats with the chrome insert? Like an older 27-32ft fever? My boat is an 01 with the older windshield and painted black sides. I am open to changing if I think it would look better.
My boat has the stainless insert. If you want to see what it looks like I could get you a pic after Christmas, or could take you to see in person if you would like. Beauty of the stainless insert is it will never get torn up like the softer plastic inserts. Let me know how I can help you out here. Office phone is 315-265-7370.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 12-18-2018 at 07:07 PM.
Old 12-18-2018, 07:51 PM
Registered

Received 1,328 Likes on 741 Posts

Do the stainless inserts get scratched up? I wonder if I could replace the rubber one with stainless but not have to change the white hard plastic part.
Old 12-18-2018, 08:11 PM
Registered

Phil so far my stainless is good. Naturally it could get beat/scratched. I think I read elsewhere you need to replace the base also.

29fever if you’d like text me and I’ll send you some pics of what I have.
Mike 850-238-5655
Old 12-19-2018, 03:12 AM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
Do the stainless inserts get scratched up? I wonder if I could replace the rubber one with stainless but not have to change the white hard plastic part.
I have always wondered if they are less forgiving on other boats when tied up? BUT they do look awesome.
Old 12-19-2018, 11:14 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
My boat has the stainless insert. If you want to see what it looks like I could get you a pic after Christmas, or could take you to see in person if you would like. Beauty of the stainless insert is it will never get torn up like the softer plastic inserts. Let me know how I can help you out here. Office phone is 315-265-7370.
Hey Pete, merry Xmas!

thank you for the offer. I think I’m just going to go with white. If I had the new wrap around windshield with the full frame I would do it. Did you decide to keep your boat? I have seen here on the boards that you were flirting with Going a different direction. I have a short video of your boat from a few years back, let me see if I can attach it here.
Attached Files

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.