ben
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts

That Is CLEAN!
Old 03-17-2019, 05:33 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Question....

Quick question, I have my 2005 35 lightning up for sale. Its in excellent condition and I think fairly priced. Ive got some calls but not as much as I thought I would. Am I missing something or has the market just shifted so much to CC's and other outboard boats that our v-hulls' are now relics. Thx, Mark
Old 03-17-2019, 09:48 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

My opinion ,and you know what they say about opinions,lol
I dont think it has anything to do with CCs,I think its the price,you are asking close to 35 staggered prices,I feel the asking price needs to be under the 100k mark,high 80 low 90ss?not trying to offend you or anyone else here ,its just my honest opinion,
beautiful boat,hope it sells soon

Last edited by boatnt; 03-17-2019 at 09:52 AM.
Old 03-17-2019, 09:59 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,125 Likes on 475 Posts

I'm a bit of an outsider here (don't live in the U.S.) so maybe I can say whatever I want and get away with it.
I do quite a lot of reading online and I'm a Fountain fan. Your boat looks super tidy and very low hours but the updates around '07/08 with new cockpit and new cabin interior were definitely a step up in terms of finish and price. The pre update models may have suffered slightly on resale value as a result.

Your boat is 14 years old and so are the engines and everything else onboard. Please don't get me wrong but from what I read online, there's a lot of great boat available around 100k. CC's and outboards have taken a huge chunk of the market but I think there's still buyers for more traditional inboard sports boats but it's a smaller market than it was in 2005 and prices reflect this.

As I said, I'm a Fountain fan and I wish you luck for a good sale. If a few people think I'm out of line with my post, I'll delete it, it's not my intention to interfere with your efforts to sell your boat. I'm just offering an opinion.

RR

Old 03-17-2019, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Agreed with above. Beautiful boat but I think you need to be sub 100k. Over 100k and you’re competing with stagger 42s. Good lick with it though. Let me also add it says Jacksonville and most will automatically assume a salt boat and that it’s worht less than it’s freshwater counterpart
Old 03-18-2019, 06:56 AM
Registered

Hey guys, Thank you for your feedback, I appreciate all of it. No need to delete anything. Certainly gives me good reason to rethink numbers. Im not opposed to adjusting sell price, just looking for a fair deal for both parties. Btw, it is a fresh water boat, I boat primarily on the St Johns River, not in the intercostal waterway or Atlantic ocean. In any case, thx again for all the comments. Mark
Old 03-18-2019, 11:55 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Anytime. Just know if it days Florida regardless of what you say some will assume salt. I know some people won’t even consider a Florida boat. Best of luck with it.
Old 03-19-2019, 06:47 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Just a thought but perhaps you could further promote the excellent condition of the boat & power package by scanning the engines for run history, getting a compression & leakdown test, pressure test the headers and get a survey on the hull. Post he results. It doesn’t take much for a bargain priced $80k boat which may need service to eclipse what you’re asking. I think an informed buyer will see the value and offer a fair price.
Old 03-21-2019, 04:49 AM
Registered

Another good idea. Thx