Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
2005 29 fever >

2005 29 fever

Notices

2005 29 fever

Old 08-09-2020, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmmm ok ill look. if thats true, would the boat run as good with those gears or would it be better to replace them to the 1.50? i just have a feeling putting a 28 on there i wouldnt get up on plane very nicely. or would it? thanks.
Old 08-09-2020, 11:19 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the guy i got it from did tell me the drive is brand new as of last year. maybe youre correct...
Old 11-19-2020, 01:40 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Check that your tabs are not dragging. It sounds like you are using too much trim to get rpm but have excessive slip. Once you are on plane, raise your tabs so they are out of the water and then graduallly raise your trim until the speed stops increasing. If your speed is not in the low to mid 60’s, you have lack of hp, wrong or damaged prop, or your bottom needs blueprinting. Good luck. If everything checks out, add hp. A 575 should run around 80 and a 600 should run close to 85.