Upholstery removal >

Upholstery removal

Notices

Upholstery removal

Old 12-13-2020, 06:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upholstery removal

Can someone please tell me how this piece comes out of my boat, '02 29 Fountain that I have owned from new. All of the screws that can be seen are removed including the piece that connects the corresponding piece to the right of the piece shown. HELP this thing is keeping me up at night. Thanks Bill Crum
Old 12-13-2020, 06:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 59 Likes on 34 Posts

drop the piece across the top . then youll be able to remove the part you need.
The following users liked this post:
dykstra (12-14-2020)
Old 12-14-2020, 08:53 AM
Registered

Yep have removed the overhead piece between the two like pieces. Without damaging anything more than is shown in the pictures, still solid as a rock. I have pulled on the damaged one more than once hoping to break loose. I am rocking the boat big time--pulling. Are there more fasteners that I am not getting to?
Old 01-07-2021, 10:25 AM
Registered

Somebody has to know how this piece can be removed, at this point out of options--HELP.
Old 01-07-2021, 10:55 AM
Registered

Received 104 Likes on 53 Posts

Does any part of it feel loose or does the whole thing still feel secured? Maybe they used the plastic upholstery retainers or even glue on the inside?
Old 01-07-2021, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 67 Likes on 37 Posts

That upholstery is covering the bulkhead.
Old 01-09-2021, 10:45 AM
Registered

There is nothing obvious that it has been glued, but it is still very secured and ridged. The edges fit so tightly trying to insert a smooth thin putty knife tells me it may be glued. If that is the case destruction may be my only option. If upholstery Christmas trees were used I feel confident I could get some movement---but nothing. Just a PITA at this point. However it is secured Fountain did a heck of job.
Old 01-09-2021, 11:52 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by stealthfever View Post
There is nothing obvious that it has been glued, but it is still very secured and ridged. The edges fit so tightly trying to insert a smooth thin putty knife tells me it may be glued. If that is the case destruction may be my only option. If upholstery Christmas trees were used I feel confident I could get some movement---but nothing. Just a PITA at this point. However it is secured Fountain did a heck of job.
If it is anything like my Formula 311, some of the Trim pieces were actually screwed in under the vinyl or laminate covering. So destruction was the case with me on some.

Old 01-10-2021, 09:36 PM
Registered

Thanks for the reply. I have had that proposed as to how it was originally done. Sure doesn't seem like it should be done that way, If you have seen it done that way, I'm sure not just anybody would be willing to tackle that project. Guess I will see. Thanks
Old 01-11-2021, 01:12 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 222 Likes on 116 Posts

Just hit it with your purse.

Just kidding.
If you have to destroy it to get it off, that sucks. But it will not be that hard re-make it. Using some starboard or like wood that is in there, you will be able to remake the backer pieces and have them recovered. I had to so some of the same when I redid the interior on my 17' SpeedLiner.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.