38EC Electronic Upgrades >

38EC Electronic Upgrades

Notices

38EC Electronic Upgrades

Old 01-27-2021, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 38EC Electronic Upgrades

I own a 2004 38EC and I've been considering upgrading Garmin GPSMAP 2010, with a Garmin 8412 or 8612 12" Chartplotter. I'm curious if any 38EC owners have installed one of these units and how the installation turned out? Also curious where the best place to install the Transducer on a 38EC as my currently Transducer location tends to give poor readings when underway.

I'm also (finally) looking into upgrading the CRT TV in my 38EC with a flat screen TV. Any suggestions as to which TV fits well?

TIA

Butch
Old 07-20-2021, 11:28 PM
Registered

how did you get on with the install? i did the tv on a 2008 which was already flat panel, with a 12v/240v 32 inch uniden. Happy with the results except i discovered the antenna requires the genset to be running to work.
Old Yesterday, 10:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mawfun View Post
how did you get on with the install? i did the tv on a 2008 which was already flat panel, with a 12v/240v 32 inch uniden. Happy with the results except i discovered the antenna requires the genset to be running to work.
I haven't gotten started yet. I was hoping to hear from other 38EC owners who have updated their electronics, before deciding whether to go with a 10 inch or 12 inch Chart Plotter. Ideally I'd like to replace my old 10" Garmin with a 8612 chart plotter but I'm not sure if the 12" unit will fit.
Can you post or PM some photos of your 32" TV install. I'd like to do that too.

Butch