Vinyl color >

Vinyl color

Notices

Vinyl color

Old 01-19-2022, 03:03 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Vinyl color

I am in the process of replacing some of my vinyl in my 04 29 Fever for rear seat and back rest. Does anyone know of who the original manufacturer was? and color, Are all fountain with white upholstery the same?
Old 01-20-2022, 07:40 AM
Registered

Received 407 Likes on 241 Posts

White is not white. Find a good upholstery shop and take in the old stuff. They should be able to get close. If you are trying to repair pieces, you may be better off changing colors or getting close. The older materials have likely faded. I had to have my bench seat bottom replaced a few years ago. The guy matched it pretty close and moved the seams where they were off centered.
Old 01-24-2022, 12:18 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 5 Posts

When I researched the same information in 2018, Fountain told me the supplier for the vinyl used on my boat (2002 29) was Spradling. They hopefully still have an up and running web site. Hope this helps
Old 01-24-2022, 01:22 PM
Registered

Received 115 Likes on 75 Posts

When I redid parts some of my vinyl seats I took it to a local supplier and he matched the colors up that you see because when I took the vinyl apart I found the colors had faded slightly from when they were first put together
Old 01-29-2022, 04:51 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by green lightning
When I redid parts some of my vinyl seats I took it to a local supplier and he matched the colors up that you see because when I took the vinyl apart I found the colors had faded slightly from when they were first put together
Just looked on their web site and yes still in business but as suspected there are multiply shades of white. I did call fountain and spoke to someone who knew nothing. So I took my seats to a local guy and matched it up as best that we could taking in consideration of years of fading. We'll see how it turn out. Thanks for your help. Oh I think I my reach out to Spradling on Monday to see if they have anything in their data base as to what they provided Fountain.
The following users liked this post:
green lightning (01-29-2022)