47 Fountain Lightning Project >

47 Fountain Lightning Project

Notices

47 Fountain Lightning Project

Old 04-23-2003, 07:29 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It tows awesome, No bouncing like on a bumper hitch. It also makes it easier to turn in tight spots. I have a hard time hooking it up as I have a crew cab and cannot see the ball because of the angle having to look over the rear seat. but other than that it works great.
Old 04-25-2003, 07:15 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I got one engine, two more to go. This is a 2001 with only a few hours. I think I am going to get a scan tool to check the hours though. It fell off the rear mounting block while driving home. Now the pan is dented and I have to pull it out
Attached Thumbnails 47 Fountain Lightning Project-engine6.jpg  
Old 04-25-2003, 09:25 AM
Registered

Hey Ray...Try rpm/Rod here on the board, I know he has take out's around his shop somewhere.
Old 04-25-2003, 10:59 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Thanks, I have talked to him allready. I still need to space the $$$$$ out a few more months. He does have 2 nice re builds though.
Old 04-26-2003, 08:37 AM
Registered

Ray, I have a set of each. The Bravo's are 30's and the Hydro's are 29's. You need to run Hydro's an inch less than Bravo's. They both run the same top speed (mid 80's) but I think the Hydro's are a little better in the mid range. The Hydro's also make the boat feel a little looser.

I run my boat pretty heavy (lots of gear and beer) and am seeing 5100+ rpm at times. If you run lighter you may want to try the 32's and see how they work. You may get more MPH.
Old 04-26-2003, 09:17 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

innthered

Thanks, I have a set of 30's (B1) I need to buy one more for the center drive. I also have a set of 32's but they are on my PQ. I was wondering how the hydros worked. I have heard that they dont get out of the hole very well on the Powerquests.
Old 04-27-2003, 06:47 AM
Registered

Ray

I've used Hydromotive's on all of the Fountains I've had. Never a problem with them. I did let a guy with a 36' Baja with extension boxes try them out. He could not get it up on plane very easy. In fact, it was just about impossible.

My experience with them is they like the notched transom. It gives them good bite to get going but they start to air out (rpms will jump) when the transom comes in to play. Once the boat is up on plane, the props hook up and hold very well. I'd give them a try if you have the chance. They look cooler than the Bravos, too.
Old 07-26-2003, 06:16 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Well it's taken longer than I expected to be able to purchase the engines but they are now on the way, I should get them at my shop next week sometime. I will post some picts. I will have 2 brand new 2003's and one 45 Hr 2001 (center) all with IMCO Extreme SC drives.

I am still trying to figure out the exhaust on what my best route would be IE straight pipes or transom tips. I hate the look of external mufflers. I really want to go with silent choice too.
Old 07-26-2003, 06:33 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

I was wondering what happen to you Ray. I cant wait to see the boat after you are all done.
Old 08-25-2003, 01:32 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

The engines are in and I think I figured out a way to mount the exhaust tips without gluing them in. I had 6 inside mounting rings made and made my own outer gasket. This will sandwich in between the transom and the muffler.
Attached Thumbnails 47 Fountain Lightning Project-engines.jpg  

Quick Reply: 47 Fountain Lightning Project

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.