27 Fever ???"s >

27 Fever ???"s

Notices

27 Fever ???"s

Old 07-08-2003, 09:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 27 Fever ???"s

I've got a 04 27 Fever with a 496 HO Mag, 1.65 Bravo X running a 30 Stock Bravo. Question is why did Fountain go to the 1.65 ratio? My boat is a major dog out of the hole and mid range sucks. Top end with full of fuel is around 62-65 and sometimes 67. It takes me forever to get to the 60's and it feels like the boat is slipping way to much. Tried a 29 + 30 labbed Hydro props and they ride like crap with too much stearn lift and can barely get on plane. Anybody know why I'm running 25% slip with my setup? I know the 27's have a very high X dim. Any other ideas?
Old 07-09-2003, 07:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

25% slip is way too much. I'm running a 28" Hydromotive at 5400 rpm, 1.5 ratio = 85 mph gps speed. That's 11% slip. I don't know why Reggie changed from Hydromotive props. Fountain's ran well with those props for years.
Old 07-09-2003, 07:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alli runner

I am guessing with a 04 model you haven't had allot of time to feel it out. Go out alone for a day or so and practice running wide open and adjusting your trim between 4.5 and no farther than 5.5, You may want to check to see if Fountain put stops on your K-Planes, for top end you need to be able to bring them up to where the are angled up past hull they may do this to reduce chine walking(bouncing side to side), if you do chine walk a little drop the tabs or slow down until you get comfortable correcting it with steering.

Also when planning off, How many are in the boat? if most are sitting up on the hatch or back seat this can cause planning off to be really hard. I am sure you already have the K-Planes all down and drive all in. Also if you have a RH rotation prop, try turning a little to the right when planing off this will help.

Note if you are running freash water or high elevation you will loose some performance.

WILL Hope this helps
Old 07-09-2003, 11:10 AM
Curt

Originally posted by Breathe Later
25% slip is way too much. I'm running a 28" Hydromotive at 5400 rpm, 1.5 ratio = 85 mph gps speed. That's 11% slip. I don't know why Reggie changed from Hydromotive props. Fountain's ran well with those props for years.

I heard that he changed props because Mercury infused some cash into his company a year or two ago and part of that deal was that Fountain start running Bravos instead of Hydros. Then this could be just one more "boat rummor" as well.