Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Stereotype Victim >

Stereotype Victim

Notices

Stereotype Victim

Old 01-27-2004, 07:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love it when I go to boat shows and get hounded by sales people. It makes me look so much more important than everybody else. Like, "Hey everybody look at me, I'm more important than you"

Wait a minute... That only happens in electronics stores.
Old 01-27-2004, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Salespeople are just trying to make a living. I don't have a problem with them.
When they approach, I tell them "No thanks, I'm pretty much just kickin tires here.".
When I want something, I just go ask em. It's just a matter of how you like to shop. I don't need somebody following me around kissin my ass.
Old 01-28-2004, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 410 Likes on 243 Posts

I think if you wanted help or just to be "noticed" you should have asked. I think it is great that they let you look things over before hand. His mistake that he did not introduce himself and hand you his business card. I really doubt it had much to do with how you were dressed. If that is his game then, he needs to find a new career. The old saying goes "don't drive your best car to the dealer to shop for cars". Short story, my wife and her parents in their 80's went to a car dealer in Phoenix over Christmas to look at 350Z Roadsters. 8, that's right 8 salesmen were on us like stink on sh**within 3 minuets. I finally asked for the manager and told her to tell these guys to back off, they still followed us around like we were going to steal something, so we left. They lost a couple of sales and I got a better price somewhere else.

Last edited by Helmwurst; 01-28-2004 at 12:19 PM.