Maps- Ft Myers/Naples/Marco Island

Notices

Maps- Ft Myers/Naples/Marco Island

Old 01-21-2007, 09:38 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Maps- Ft Myers/Naples/Marco Island

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
I have used Wiggins before with the waverunner, it is right down the street from my place in Bonita.
thanks,

Rick
Due to lack of parking at Wiggins Pass many park alongside of Vanderbilt Rd. The Sheriff's department has a hay day increasing their net worth by leaving you a note on the windshield. Like shooting ducks in a pond.

You may find Lovers Key a little more user friendly for parking your rig after ramping.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by The Menace
Due to lack of parking at Wiggins Pass many park alongside of Vanderbilt Rd. The Sheriff's department has a hay day increasing their net worth by leaving you a note on the windshield. Like shooting ducks in a pond.

You may find Lovers Key a little more user friendly for parking your rig after ramping.

Thanks,

I wanted to try lovers next time over, How is the water around there, looked kinda shallow? The boat is not quite done yet, but I am pushing to get it one by March/April, I still have to finish the wiring, install the hydraulic steering, and bolt the interior in.

See ya out there

Rick
Old 01-22-2007, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rchevelle71

How is the water around there, looked kinda shallow?

Rick
It is a bit shallow at the ramp but the channel is only about a hundred yds away. Channel depths are fine to the north and out Big Carlos Pass. We have put in there a few times with the 38 special and have not had any problems. Great parking for long trailers

John
Old 01-22-2007, 11:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Rick,
I use Wiggins pass a lot. Simply because it is the closest & easiest to get to from my house. I live on the border of Ft.Myers & Estero. So, just up the street a couple of miles.
As for a place to park the Pantera, might be able to help you out there. PM me & we can talk.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:35 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

For a bird's eye view, here are some Google Earth maps of the areas at Big Carlos and Wiggins. Google has recently upgraded resolution of south Florida- the detail is impressive, shame they don't show water depth.
Attached Thumbnails Maps- Ft Myers/Naples/Marco Island-map-18.jpg   Maps- Ft Myers/Naples/Marco Island-map-19.jpg  
Old 01-22-2007, 05:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pashn8boater
Hey Rick,
I use Wiggins pass a lot. Simply because it is the closest & easiest to get to from my house. I live on the border of Ft.Myers & Estero. So, just up the street a couple of miles.
As for a place to park the Pantera, might be able to help you out there. PM me & we can talk.
My Father in laws Place is off Bonita Beach road, just past Vanderbilt. Yes, Wiggins is convenient. I am sending you a PM.

Rick
Old 11-20-2007, 07:39 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

ttt

For the benefit of those trailering in for Saturdays Thanksgiving Charity Run to Punta Gorda.

All I would add is the most convenient ramp to our starting point is the Punta Rassa ramp on the north side of the Sanibel Bridge. Just before the toll booth on the right side.
Also dredging has beem completed as well as lots of additional trailer parking available. Launched my NT there a week ago at mid tide with no problem.
Bob
Old 12-24-2008, 04:26 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

ttt

Again for the benefit of those trailering in for our New Years Day fun run to Marco, the attached maps should be helpful. Closest ramp to Sanibel Bridge is Punta Rassa pictured in post #3. Improvements have been completed with lots of car, truck / trailer parking.
Bob

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 12-24-2008 at 04:31 PM.