Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boat Club Forums > Ft Myers Offshore
Information Thread New Years Day Fun Run - Jan. 1/07 Route, Tide, Weather etc. >

Information Thread New Years Day Fun Run - Jan. 1/07 Route, Tide, Weather etc.

Notices

Information Thread New Years Day Fun Run - Jan. 1/07 Route, Tide, Weather etc.

Old 12-13-2006, 08:55 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Re: Information Thread New Years Day Fun Run - Jan. 1/07 Route, Tide, Weather etc.

Originally Posted by warbird
If you done one of Stu's FPC runs through the keys, it's a lot like running through the mangroves north of Gilbert's.
James, you probably are not aware of this but I did just that with you in a small group of Stu's about 10 years ago. I think we went to Hawk's Cay Resort. I had a Top Gun then and I remember thinking ..... when I grow up I want a Nor Tech like James' Warbird. Well I never did grow up but I did get the Nor Tech ! LOL Join us if you can.
Bob
Old 12-13-2006, 09:23 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts
Default Re: Information Thread New Years Day Fun Run - Jan. 1/07 Route, Tide, Weather etc.

Originally Posted by NaplesBaja
Warbird,
If you're talking about the same boat we saw you on at the offshore races, you'll be just fine...........see ya there.
Oh, boy-- was that a great day.

Sorry for the sidetrack, I couldn't help myself.
Attached Thumbnails Information Thread New Years Day Fun Run - Jan. 1/07 Route, Tide, Weather etc.-dsc_0888m.jpg  
Old 12-14-2006, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, OK, OK!

I'll be in that Midnight that y'all saw as the patrol boat in the Ft. Myers races. I can cruise at 55-60, and if y'all are kind, I should be able to catch up at the stops...LOL. Sounds like a great day! Let's keep our fingers crossed for good weather!

Bob, those were the days, huh? Back then, Stu was happy to get 10-12 boats on a run, and it was sweet. Are you talking about the 1996 Hawk's Cay run when I spent the night aground on a sand bar 30 yards off the beach? I had Warbird One (38') then, and an unbelievably hot Bolivian girlfriend. I'd gone down below late afternoon to mix up some concoctions, letting her drive at idle. The next thing I heard was that horrible scraping sound. We got out and pushed like hell, but were in a falling tide. Suffice to say, she was VERY remorseful all night...

She loved to say "Daddy" in muffled Spanish; I'll never forget that sound...

Again, sorry for the sidetrack, I couldn't help myself.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:32 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by warbird
OK, OK, OK!
The next thing I heard was that horrible scraping sound. We got out and pushed like hell, but were in a falling tide.

unbelievably hot Bolivian girlfriend loved to say "Daddy" in muffled Spanish; I'll never forget that sound... she was VERY remorseful all night...

Ever see the Geico commerical?

The next thing I heard was that horrible scraping sound. We got out and pushed like hell, but were in a falling tide.

In a world where my boat has run aground.

unbelievably hot Bolivian girlfriend loved to say "Daddy" in muffled Spanish; I'll never forget that sound... she was VERY remorseful all night...
This time payback was for real, deserved and well worth it.

Old 12-14-2006, 10:53 AM
Registered

LMAO!!!!!

Too funny

and true.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dennis that was fricken hysterical!

For you southern members. Especially John G.
I just got off the phone w/ Steeven Knight at Sanibel Harbor Y.C.. He'll let me know but it sounds like he will allow those that need it to top off w/ 93 so you can go all the way to Punta Gorda and back. The same would apply for the return if needed.
He would also like to see anyone interested in making it the first stop of the day. We can go in there, tie up and check the place out.
If you haven't seen what they've done it's worth taking a look at. Who knows you might just want to think about investing in a rack-o-minium.

If I could get a show of posts, please do so I can let him know what to expect.
Terry
Old 12-14-2006, 01:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll stop in and top off before the run. I have been there by car(SUV) before.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:32 PM
Registered

Tides for Punta Rassa, San Carlos Bay starting with January 1, 2007.
Day High Tide Height Sunrise Moon Time % Moon
/Low Time Feet Sunset Visible

M 1 Low 5:41 AM -0.9 7:16 AM Set 5:30 AM 91
1 High 10:12 PM 2.5 5:47 PM Rise 3:55 PM

Steevie keeps the marina basin dredged, but I thought I'd share this...
Old 12-14-2006, 01:51 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

James, your sidetrack wins.

Last edited by jayboat; 12-14-2006 at 02:13 PM. Reason: wrong boat
Old 12-14-2006, 02:00 PM
Registered

Uhhh, no.

Mine would be a dark blue Midnight with four Verados.

Quick Reply: Information Thread New Years Day Fun Run - Jan. 1/07 Route, Tide, Weather etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.