Tell me about Lovers Key / Cayo Costa / Charlie's Pass

Notices

Tell me about Lovers Key / Cayo Costa / Charlie's Pass

Old 12-05-2008, 04:12 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
Thanks, Frank.. That is good information for those of us that have never stopped there. Been by lots of times, but never took the time to stop.

One possibility may be as you say, plan on outside Charley Pass or north of and if conditions require a "Plan B", just head further north to the inside of Cayo Costa probably south end. Where was that first pic of Cayo Costa taken? Water looks nice there.

Ideally we could slide our boats up on a nice powder sand beach as we do at Keewaydin but it seems to be hard to find. I think I would like to avoid the Bull Sharks as well !! LOL

At least with our beach day being in April we have some time to do our homework first and hopefully get it right.

Thanks again, Frank. Very helpful.

Bob
The Cayo Costo pics in # 8, were taken at the North end, inside, in Pelican Bay, and yes, you can slide the boats up on the beach (not that my boat has ever touched the sand), just 500 feet north of where the pics were taken. It is just not as pretty as N. Captiva, just north of Charley Pass, which is one of our favorite spots.
Old 12-07-2008, 02:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
Dennis, this sounds like it is worth checking out. I am down for three weeks from the 18th on. Maybe I can meet you up there and we go over and check it out. Sounds like what we could be looking for.
Thanks,
Bob
Bob, This is the area I was speaking about the other night it is very close to Bonita's famous or infamous(depending on the day) "nude" beach and also Dog beach for those who are familiar