New Years Day 2009 Roll Call / Information Thread, run to Marco Island, FL

Notices

New Years Day 2009 Roll Call / Information Thread, run to Marco Island, FL

Old 12-13-2008, 03:55 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Updated boat list, see below

Last edited by AppSysCons; 12-20-2008 at 09:31 AM.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone runnig down from Charlotte harbor for the run? If I dont get to blown out new years Ill be there.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:40 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Performance Boats Magazine coverage

Pete Boden ( OSO - Pete B ) has informed me that his magazine will be doing an article on our New Years Day fun run to Marco. Pete will be positioned on the Ft. Myers Beach pier and will get shots of us doing a fly- by on our way south to Marco. We will stay in a single file formation until after we pass the pier so Pete can get his shots. Thanks Pete and Performance Boats Magazine.
Bob

Here is a link to Performance Boats Magazine site:

http://www.performanceboats.com/

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 12-18-2008 at 08:43 AM.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:48 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Red face

Originally Posted by Velocity Tom
Anyone runnig down from Charlotte harbor for the run? If I dont get to blown out new years Ill be there.
Tom,

When I go to FMO events, I come out of the Myakka River, go south down Charlotte Harbor, turn west near marker #5, and then either out Boca Pass to the Gulf or down the ICW. We always welcome other boats to group up with us and enjoy the ride.

Nancy and I have had something planed for New Years Day for months now, so we will not make this event. We are planning on doing all of the subsequent FMO events.

Those who run with me, should remember, captains are responsible for the safety of those around them, and for the actions of their boat and guests.

Frank F.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:53 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
Pete Boden ( OSO - Pete B ) has informed me that his magazine will be doing an article on our New Years Day fun run to Marco. Pete will be positioned on the Ft. Myers Beach pier and will get shots of us doing a fly- by on our way south to Marco. We will stay in a single file formation until after we pass the pier so Pete can get his shots. Thanks Pete and Performance Boats Magazine.
Bob

Here is a link to Performance Boats Magazine site:

http://www.performanceboats.com/
And I am going to miss it
Old 12-18-2008, 11:20 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by AppSysCons
And I am going to miss it
Sorry you will miss this one Frank. Between Jay aboard Team PREDATOR, Pete B on the pier and Jeff from Freeze Frame being in the helicopter overhead, there will be some great boat pics again on this run. We are fortunate to have so much camera talent right in the local area.

Also I took a look ahead at the long range weather. Looks like a warming trend after Xmas and could see 83 degrees and nothing but sunshine by NY Day. Hope it holds true.

Someday in the next while, I am going to contact you and have you show me around Cayo Costa and Charley Pass area to see if suitable for the April raft up / beach party.

Bob
Old 12-18-2008, 06:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im not woried about running down to FM.I have done that for 25 years. I was just won. if anyone wanted to run down together. I have friends that are going to be in town from the Carolina power boat club. And 2 boats from the other coast. A cig. tg. and a skater.

Last edited by Velocity Tom; 12-19-2008 at 12:55 PM.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:50 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Velocity Tom
I not woried about running down to FM.I have done that for 25 years. I was just won. if anyone wanted to run down together. I have friends that are going to be in town from the Carolina power boat club. And 2 boats from the other coast. A cig. tg. and a skater.
Hi Tom, Hope it works out for and your friends to join us. Let us know how many boats and an approximate head count so we can let the dockmaster and the restaurant know. Even a couple days ahead is enough notice.
Bob
Old 12-19-2008, 07:51 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

We have confirmation that Bob Martin will be joining us in his 39 Sutphen out of Cape Coral.

Bob
Old 12-20-2008, 09:32 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
Sorry you will miss this one Frank. Between Jay aboard Team PREDATOR, Pete B on the pier and Jeff from Freeze Frame being in the helicopter overhead, there will be some great boat pics again on this run. We are fortunate to have so much camera talent right in the local area.

Also I took a look ahead at the long range weather. Looks like a warming trend after Xmas and could see 83 degrees and nothing but sunshine by NY Day. Hope it holds true.

Someday in the next while, I am going to contact you and have you show me around Cayo Costa and Charley Pass area to see if suitable for the April raft up / beach party.

Bob
Souds like fun, let me know when.

Quick Reply: New Years Day 2009 Roll Call / Information Thread, run to Marco Island, FL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.