Would appreciate opinions on this Cape Coral home >

Would appreciate opinions on this Cape Coral home

Notices

Would appreciate opinions on this Cape Coral home

Old 09-27-2009, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jmackin
A friend of mine who just built a restaurant in cape coral says 58000 people have left in last yr or so. That store is killing him. He says even some of national chains will close.
Oh I wish 58,000 people left.

Unfortunately only 8k or so have left so far.... I say let them leave and in with fresh blood (maybe some people under 90 wouldn't hurt either).

Old 10-04-2009, 09:51 AM
Registered

My opinion is you need to visit a place 3 times and feel that it's the best for you. Personally I visited Lee county for many years along with a lot of other places in Fla before I bought in the cape. A lot of friends have also moved there from other places in Fla. and beyond and feel the same. I don't regret landing there. I am also looking at more commercial and residential properties. I am comparing the cape to a lot of other states and cities and feel that it shines above others in quality of life, cost to own and now cost to buy. You don't need to get impulsive. There are and will be for a long time many available properties. If you research it well you will be comfortable with location and price. The better the location in your requirements mean higher price. Sunshine, water access, fishing, get to anything in 10 minutes or less, business opportunities all are good. The doom and gloom reports reflect faster and higher rise in values and faster and lower falls. Thats not a bad thing, just a condition righting itself, not unlike the rest of the world. There is a reason the Cape went from 30,000 people to 160,000 in 17 years, and it's not a bad one.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:31 PM
Registered

Are you still looking for a waterfront in the Cape? I have 3 I own that are for sale right now. 2 in the Southwest 1 in the Northwest. PM me if you want the addresses.

Thanks

Andy
Old 12-03-2009, 07:23 PM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 73 Posts

Where in Indianpolis are you? We are on Geist Reservoir on the NE side. Have a vacation home in Punta Gorda on the canal ways. We also have about 200ft of waterfront (on a corner lot). We love it, plenty of room for out 48ft sedan bridge and 38ft Formula
Old 12-08-2009, 09:19 PM
Registered

I Looked For A Place For 5 Yrs. You Can`t Beat Sw Cape I Boat All The Great Lakes When The Weather Is Rough You Stay In Back Of Sanibel I Hate Manite Zones Look For A House In 64n. We Need More Go Fast Boats + Thong Swim Suits I Hate The Snow!
Old 04-23-2010, 11:39 PM
Registered

Received 342 Likes on 120 Posts

Well we closed on a house today. After spending some time in the Ft Myers area this past winter we did settle on a home in SW Cape Coral just like many had suggested. Our home is on SW 54th Ter, just up the Street from Rum Runners in unit 64. Thanks everyone for all the unput. I think we are going to be a lot happier in this home than the one we were looking at last fall further up the river.

One thing though, we brought our jet skies down and were out on the water enough to figure out that it's a whole lot different boating down here than what we are used to. I think before I bring the Fountain down that I had better spend some time on the water in a slower boat until I get to know my way around. I was at first thinking a 22 to 24' bow rider would be the way to go but then others have said to go with a CC or deck boat with an egg beater. What do you guys use to get around when you are not in your go-fasts?

Thanks,

Robert
Old 04-24-2010, 08:55 AM
Registered

"my" ugly-betty tri-toon! everyone loves it! we can pull it right up on the beach and not worry about docking, denting, scratches etc. total stress-free boating vs. the go fast boat!
Old 04-24-2010, 09:01 AM
Registered

sorry the "my" might seem strange but thats how we refer to it - "his" spectre and "my" U-B toon as a joke!
Old 04-24-2010, 09:02 AM
Registered

oh one more thing about boating here - just stick to the sticks and you'll be fine till you get to know the spots - one inch away can be disasterous at times - esp. in miserable mile.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:19 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Congrats, Robert. Look forward to seeing you on some FMO runs.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.